Chapter 3 What about us?

Pov: Shane  

I felt abandoned, hearbroken, like a little kid all in one. I hate it. I grabbed my phone angrily and called Claire. To see for myself.  

"Ellooooooo?" She said in a goofy voice.  

"Claire. I miss you. It's me Shane. You know who I am right?"  

"Uhhhhhhhh? May-be? How do I know you?"  

"You're boyfriend."  

"Ugh. If you are friends with that Miranda girl that called earlier. Please stop you're freaking me out."  

I hung up on her tears rushing down my face. Knowing Michael heard I looked over at Michael. Who was smiling. Yes smiling. You read me right he is grinning, like a kid on Christmas. I felt heat flushes on my whole body. A vain pop out on my forehead as I glared at Michael. How could he have done that to Eve? I don't know. I hope he isn't like glamoured or compelled again, like he was with Naomi and Oliver. I walked over to him furious when he said something. I couldn't hear, because all I could hear was my heart beating loud, and constantly in my ears. I punched him square in the face. On the second attempt he grabbed my fist. "You seen what I did to Eve. I can do it to you. In a split second." I put my fist down. I walked over to Myrnin.  

"How does she not remember. You have no brain in the jar. That can only work the machine of Morganville."  

"That's true. It shouldn't have been working. It's confusing and interesting." He was wearing his ridiculous vampire slippers. His shirt was Hawaii as usual and he was wearing shorts. Oliver dressed as his usual hippie self. Myrnin was stroking his chin while thinking.  

"I am making this new machine that shows you a persons location and what their doing. All I need is a few pieces and a bit of DNA. If you would like to see Claire. All we need to do is find a brain. Hook it up. And get Claire back in Morganville. Her memories will come back then." I nodded.  

"How much more pieces do you need?"  

"About ten. And I will need something in return."  

"You want us to feed Bob for a month. Ok!" Eve laughed. She was standing as far from Michael as she could. The blonde is beside her holding her hand. Eve looks like mess, her jet black hair in a tangle, her clothes covered in blood, mascara all down her cheeks and her cloudy dark eyes look greyish. I turned my attention back to Myrnin.  

"What is it?"  

"I need an assistant until Claire comes back."  

"Can't you just make a clone or something."  

"Nope. You're my new assistant. Ok so I need you to clean Bob's cage, feed him, pick up metal, nails, springs and nuts at the hardware shop. Can you do that?"  

I nodded. "Easy enough. But Eve you're coming with me."  

She sighed and said "There's no point in fighting is there?" I shook my head. "Come on. The shop is going to close in a few. Miranda. We need to talk in private." Miranda and I walked into the kitchen and whispered "Talk some sense into Michael. If I do it not much sense will come out of it. And he can't kill you. He could kill me."  

She nodded. We both walked out, Eve changed her clothes and washed off all her make-up and I headed out with Eve to get Myrnin stuff to finish his machine. After that I walk home with Eve in complete silence. When we got back, there was no sight of Michael. And Miranda is in her bed asleep. Eve goes into Miranda's room. I get into my bed and try to think of a way how to get a brain. Not my own. Not Eve's, not Miranda's, not Claire's.  

****************************                       A/N

I'm starting to upload everyday on this book.

Sorry for any mistakes.  

Suggest  

Fan  

Follow 

Vote  

Share