Chapter 4 Who's he?

Pov: Claire

"Pfft!" Monica huffed in the corner. She was mad at me. Just because I didn't answer my phone to 'Shane' Whoever 'Shane' is.

"Fine! You can sulk all you want. I don't care. I need to find my

Mom." I first met Monica in the waiting room, she started talking to me. I put my hands in my jean pockets to feel two cards in my pocket. I pulled them out to see they were credit cards and ID. It says I'm eighteen. What the hell? I am not eighteen! I'm only fifteen. At least I think I am. I don't really know I feel taller, my boobs look bigger and I actually remember a tiny bit about Shane, only his looks though. I look up to see Monica eyeing my ID and credit card. Why don't I remember, anything? I pulled out my phone to see it ringing again. I am not answering again. Monica beat me to it. She answered it and said "Do you wanna come to a party tonight with me and Claire?" She listened for a while. I didn't hear though. She smiled and said "Yeah! I mean sure. Cool. See you in a week or so then." The hell?

"He said he couldn't come tonight so he's coming in a week."

"Do you know why he can't come now?"

"Yeah he said he had to get ahead in work."

"Ok. What's happening next week?"

"I am going to throw a par-tay!"

"Uh ok. I need to find my Mom now bye." I did only meet Monica a few hours ago. I was told to meet mom in the waiting room when I got a text. I don't even know why I'm here. Is dad here too? I don't know. Now I get the name of a room to go to. I walk towards the room. I open the door to see my mom asleep on a chair beside a hospital bed. Next to her laid my dad. He looked much older. More wrinkles, grey hair and he looks unwell. I walk up to my Mom and shake her asleep body. My dad is also asleep. He looks so peaceful I don't wanna wake him up. My Mom wakes up. When she see's me she lights up. She hugs me tightly.

"Claire. You've changed so much since I last saw you. When was that. About a few years now." (Claire's parents don't remember being in Morganville I think) It was just last night. I decided to ignore it though. "Hey mom. What's wrong with dad?" She put me at arms length.

"Well. You see..... umm...." Her voice trailed off. Her eyes became watery, she burst out in tears. Her hands came up to her face to hide her face. I hugged her tightly whispering in her ear "It's ok. Just tell me." She put me at arms length again.

"Ok. Here goes. Well I'm just going to flat out say it. You're dad is.......... going to be dead in the next year maybe. But there still is hope. There is another operation. After the operation we will know for sure. Claire. He will live this. He's a fighter. You know that right?"

"Yeah. I do. He's a cat with nine lives." I felt scared, worried and devastated. My dad can't die. It's impossible. But he is. It is possible. My mom wouldn't lie about anything like this. Never. A memory flashed before my eyes.

*Memory*

"Shane!" I shouted opening these green things looking for Shane. I see a gothic girl standing beside me looking in the green things. She opened one to see a goodlooking god of a guy. He has brown hair, eyes to match, a beautiful face and dark tan. He is gorgeous. His eyes moved to me he whispered "Claire." The image blurred. I then see the same guy in front of me. With a ring. "It's only a promise ring. Nothing special. But Claire. Will you marry me?" I nodded eagerly as I held my hand out to him to put a ring on my finger. Next to the cladagh ring on my middle finger. He moved closer to me and placed his lips to mine. It wasn't passionate. But it was a long kiss. I felt my heart flutter like birds in the morning.

*Memory over*

****************************

                          A/N

A bit boring but what can you do.

Sorry for any mistakes. Like punctuality and just spelling errors.

Suggest

Fan

Follow

Comment

Share

Vote