Chapter 23☆Shopping, Pool Party And Dinner

Alexs POV

The first day of our summer holidays. I can't help the feelings of excitement rush through my body. We all worked so hard and we deserve this extended break. I cannot wait.

I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing, I don't know who it could be. I check my phone and its Becky, I answer immediately and can tell she's been awake for hours. I check the time and its 10am, earlier than I wanted to wake up today but oh well. "What have you got planned for today?" Her excited voice tells me she has something planned for us already. I answer telling her that I had nothing during the day but a meal in the evening around 8pm. She replied, already having the sentences planned in her head ready to burst "ok good, I have plans. We go clothes and shoe shopping, all new clothes. Then at 3 theres a pool party, the invitation says bring a plus one. We can leave early and then we will look even more mysterious because you say I have dinner reservations. Oh I can see their faces already." I chuckled and accepted, I knew I wouldnt be able to say no. Since I got with Him Becky has acted as though I am a celebrity. I kind of see why though because everyone knows who I am, who I'm with. Its mad, I cant go a day without a few people recognising me and asking me if I am still his girlfriend. When I reply with a yes it can go three ways, the guys tell me how cool that is and I'm lucky, some girls will tell me that he's so lucky and that the relationship is so cute or the last one is that the girls will tell me I'm the lucky one, I shouldn't be with him, he's a player and a cheat and he could do so much better than me. What they mean by the last part is that he should be with them. I don't listen to any of it and just walk past, every so often though luck will be on my side and he'll text me saying he loves me, I'll show that to them and they're so gutted you can practically see the tears they'll shed later on in the night. This is one of my secret pleasures.

I guess i'll have to get up then. I'll get a shower, get dressed, do my hair and makeup. That takes me to 12. I'm getting faster. Becky's mum picks me up and we go off to town. We get there at 12:43, there was traffic. We go clothes shopping, I have loads of new outfits. Becky went shoe shopping, I bought two pairs. gray old style vans and black "mysterious" heels as Becky likes to call them. I'm happy with my buys of the day. we give our newly biught outfits to becky's mum, I put my name on my bags. We then headed off to the party for 3. We got the bus at 14:32 which meant we would get to the house at 15:05, if there's no traffic.

We were lucky, there was a bit of traffic but the bus driver drove like a mad man. We got to the house at 15:01. The party had already started as we heard laughing and shouting and music. We walk in and the smell of chlorine fused with alcohol and burning hits my nose. Chlorine means pool. Alcohol means teenagers. Burning means... no clue. We go to the bathroom and get into our bikinis. I step out and let becky go in, she admires my bikini. It is a black top, strapless, with lace over it and black shorts, also with lace covering the bikini material. It looks quite sexy if I'm honest. I wait for Becky and she comes out with a white bikini, it is a strapless top all white with little dots of different colours and a thicker type of thong in the same pattern. She has worked very hard on getting her "summer body" and she is not going to hide it. We both get glances as we walk to the pool, they aren't menacing but some are... I dare say jealous? I don't blame them, Becky looks very nice and my bikini goes well with my body. I sound very full of myself but like Becky I've worked on my body recently, not as much as her but quite a bit, I didn't need it but I wanted to tone up a little and do some squats is all. It feels good to be noticed and in a good way as well. Eveyone soon goes back to everything they're doing, we join a group of our friends in the pool and start talking and laughing. I now know why i could smell burning, it was the barbecue. There's a guy doing the barbecue, he seems way older than us. University maybe? I'm not sure. He hasn't got a shirt on and he has quite a good body, his swimming shorts go well with his tan, a pastel blue type of colour. I haven't seen the host yet, come to think of it I don't even know who it is. I asked becky and she said she didn't know, "everyone got their invitations through differet things. In their bags, lost property assigned to them, thrown down the stairs at them. All of them assigned to specific people though, only some said plus one. As if they knew who'd the person would bring. Its very... weird" thats all she knew on it. This is very weird. A bit of mystery never hurt me before so i wasn't scared. I got a burger and a few hot dogs for the people that wanted them in the group, sat back in the pool and rested my plate of the side of the pool and ate above it. I didn't want to get any crumbs in the pool, that wouldn't be polite.
I can't stop wandering who this mystery guest is, I think secretly everyone is.

I figure that there is not point trying to find them and I might as well just have fun. "What are you doing wierdo?" Becky questions while waving her hand in front of my eyes. "Uh... Day dreaming" I respond. "Right well, blue shorts over there keeps giving one of us a look so I'm gonna go over there and ask him what he wants". I just nodded and got up. Although I was day dreaming, to som extent, I still managed to eat my plate of food. Force of habit?

I see a group of people that I've seen before and so go to investigate. "Hey Alex! How is you are your beau?" The blonde haired girl asks. "We are doing great actually, thank you. Glad to be on holiday finally though haha, what about you?". She is wearing an extreme amount of makeup for a pool party. What if she gets thrown in? She'd look like a melted barbie doll I guess. "No luck finding anyone to match me yet but not a problem seeing as I have plenty of mirrors" She tells me while laughing. I know she is joking but I can't help wander if, to some extent, this is true. "Ah well, guys suck anyway don't they?" I saw while eyeing up a near by boy jokingly. She turns around and apologises to me and her group for not introducing me. They all smile at me, with genuine smiles, and tell me their names and welcome me into their conversation. "You're the cool kids girl aren't you?" The boy at the back, with dangerously long hair may I add, asks me. I say that I am and I do have a name. The other guys ooo at me while one guy tells the rest that was "a sick burn!". He looks at me, through his hair, and tells me he knows but that surely a girl as pretty as me shouldn't be addressed by first name unless told otherwise. Well, now everyone feels awkward but at the same time the whole group is indulged in this conversation now. I apologise for being rude to him and ask him his name. He tells me he is also called Alex and that he'd love to talk more. I kind of awkwardly smile at the blonde haired girl and walk off with this stranger with my name.

~~~~~

A/N

Hey, look who's back. Sorry I haven't updated this story in a while. I've been very busy and I'm currently doing my GCSE's but I have suddenly got the urge to write again. I'm not sure where this story is going, I just know I want to finish it this year. Thank you to everyone who has stuck by this story even though I have taken so long to write it.

-Amy