Chapter Sixty One

Chapter Sixty One – Cassie and Dan Weekend

"Wait why are you leaving again?" I asked Tom as he was packing, sitting on our bed confused.

"I just have to take care of something at home. I'll be gone a couple of days. I told you this before" he sighed, walking back into the newly reformed closet.

"You decided to tell me this last night when I was half asleep" I reminded him.

"Well I just found out that I had to go yesterday" he said coming back out with cloth in his fingers.

"So this is a family matter then?" I asked not quite buying what he was saying. It looked like it had been rehearsed. And sure Tom was a great actor and everything, but I can tell when he is lying. And he is lying to me.

He smiled coming out from the closet "Exactly"

I nodded my head and stood up walking towards the desk. I grabbed my phone and started scrolling through the contacts, until I found the one I wanted and placed the phone to my ear.

"What are you doing?" Tom asked suspiciously.

"Well if it is a family matter then James would know about it" I said smugly. Tom's jaw dropped.

"Your calling James?!" he shouted, trying to reach out for the phone, but I dodged.

"Oh hey Cassie" James answered.

"Hi James" I said smiling as Tom was still trying to rip the phone from my grasp.

"What's up?"

"Well I was just wondering if anything was happening with your family this weekend."

Tom reached for the phone again, but I ducked under his arm and rolled over the bed so that I was on the other side.

"Uh...not that I know of" James said hesitantly, confused.

I looked at Tom who already looked guilty. "Liar" I said

"Wait what's going on?" James asked.

"Nothing, thanks James"

"Yeah...no problem"

I hung up the phone. "Now would you like to tell me where you are really going, liar?"

"I'm not lying!"

I sighed he was being difficult.

"Fine...DAN!" I shouted running out of the room and towards Dan's with Tom chasing me.

I burst through the door to find Dan sitting on his bed in boxers and a t-shirt playing some video game on his big screen television.

I jumped over his bed so that Tom would have no chance of tackling me.

"What Cas?" Dan asked, obviously he was still sleepy; it was only eleven in the morning.

"Where's Tom going?" I asked.

Dan paused his video game, deciding that this was more important, which makes me think that he is going to lie to me as well. "He is going to his parents' house" he said nonchalantly.

"No he isn't"

"Yes I am!" Tom disagreed.

"Liar" I taunted, making him annoyed.

"Wait how does she know-"

"DAN!" Tom shouted at him.

"I know he is lying to me Daniel. I want to know where he is actually going to be but he won't tell me."