Chapter Fifty

Chapter Fifty- Getting over it

I screamed again. I tried running back out the door, escaping. But he roughly grabbed my arm and through me back into my apartment, slamming the door behind him.

I dashed behind the couch, desperately searching for a way out, but seeing none.

Will smirked "Where do you think you're going?"

"Why are you here?!" I shouted, trying to keep myself calm, but I couldn't contain my voice from shaking.

"Well it seems like your dear old Dad fired me...now I wonder why that would be?" He glared at me.

I was scared. Will wasn't drunk. He wasn't wavering nor did my nose detect alcohol. Will...he was never this mad when he was sober. That's why it's so frightening; imagine the stuff he could do to me if he had the time to think about it.

"You need to be taught to keep your mouth shut Cassie" He hissed coming around the couch slowly. I looked around and saw that there was a small opening to my room. If only I could get there fast enough.

I ran, and soon enough I slammed the door shut, and locked the door as he started pounding on the wood. I slid down to the ground using all my strength to make sure that the door didn't waver. I had no doubt in my mind that he could bust down a door if he really wanted to.

"Cassie open this god damn door!!!" Will shouted.

My life was over. And I wasn't talking about a stupid social crisis. My actual life was over Will was going to kill me.

I shut my eyes tight and prayed to god silently.

His fist pounded through the door two feet above my head, causing splinters of wood to rain down upon me. His hand started unlocking the door. I ran to the window. My apartment was on the second floor, but maybe if I jumped I could at least live.

"Cassie" He growled. He grabbed me by the waist just as I was opening the window and through me onto the bed harshly.

I pushed myself as far away from him as my bed would allow. I would just stay strong and get through this...I've done it before.

He moved his head from side to side...deciding what to do first.

I squeezed my eyes tight...I couldn't take this; I couldn't take my life anymore. It was too damn difficult. I started crying, silent tears...until I let out a sob.

Will stopped dead in his tracks, staring at me confused. I tried to stop crying, I really did, but they just kept coming.

"Are you crying?" He asked surprised. "Why are you crying?! You never cry!" He shouted the last part, frustrated.

I gave up. I'm giving up. Nothing is worth it anymore. I should just lock up and fall...let myself fall apart. No one would care...I bet if Will killed me right now, no one would find me until I was half disintegrated on the floor. No one would think to.

Half of this was his fault. I blamed him. If he had just stayed the same. Stayed Will, I have no doubt that he and I would be married by now, probably have a child. That's the way it was suppose to be. It was supposed to be Will and me for forever. But he had to screw it up. But if he hadn't Tom and I would not have ever met. Tom and I would never have been together, and I wouldn't have to feel this pain that threatens to rip me apart each day, if Will had just stayed Will.

"Why?" I sobbed out looking at his still confused face. His arm was still raised as if he was about to hit me.

"What?" He asked softly, letting his arm drop a little.