Chapter Twenty Three

Chapter Twenty Three- Stupid Bet

The sun was long gone by the time I finished reading the book I bought. I was sitting on a park bench drinking some coffee. I looked at my phone. It was midnight. I sighed and picked myself up walking to my car.

I really didn't want to go back there, but what other choice did I have? I didn't have enough money to stay in a hotel, and my apartment still hadn't gotten the all clear yet.

I wined as I got onto the road that would take me back to Tom.

But as far as I could tell all the lights were out, and Dan's car was gone. I opened the backdoor and saw a sleepy Timber walk through the kitchen look at me and walk back to the bed he rarely slept in. I think that dog sleep walks.

I went up the stairs and looked under Tom's door noticing that his light was off. I sighed opening my door to have my breath caught.

Tom was sitting on my bed looking at me. His eyes were soft and pleading. I just walked to my closet, shut the door, and silently ranted. Its two thirty he should be asleep not on my bed!

I changed into pajamas and tried to calm down before I opened the door and faced him, he hadn't moved an inch.

"Cassie" his voice was hoarse and it sounded like he was about to cry. "I'm sorry I didn't mean to say that, to threaten you, but I was just so mad..." He choked up searching for words. It hurt me to see him like that. I hate the affect he has on me.

I silently walked to the bed and sat down across from him and sighed. "I just needed- I just need to know why I'm keeping us a secret. Why I'm a secret, it can't just be about them, is it me? Are you ashamed of me?..."

He shook his head and caressed the side on my face "No Cassie I could never be ashamed of you"

"Then..." I breathed trying to guess, but it was my turn to be chocked up. My vision fogged up as tears started to poor over.

"Cas?" he asked but I just shook my head, not able to say any words. "Cassie" he said brushing the few silent tears away and pulled me on to his lap, his arms wrapped tightly around me. "I know you need to know, but really you would laugh at me and probably think that I'm some stupid moron"

I shook my head again. "I could never think that" I said keeping my eyes closed.

He sighed a laugh "I bet you would"

"Well lets find out" I said pulling away a little so I could see his face.

He brushed my bangs out of my eyes, and sighed "it's because well I made a bet..."

"Because you made a bet?" I asked unbelievingly, cutting him off.

"Please let me finish, I made a bet with Dan"

"What kind of bet?"

"Stop interrupting" he sighed frustrated.

I smiled up at him; he smiled back and rolled his eyes. "I bet that I wouldn't ever be in another relationship as long as any Harry Potter films would be made"

I bit my lip trying not to laugh. He rubbed my back. "Its okay you can laugh"

I let out a small giggle "So what you were planning on never being with another girl until Harry Potter was over?"

"Well yeah I was convinced that after all the films were over that the 'fame' would die down a bit and maybe I could get into a real relationship"

"How long ago did you make this bet?" I asked curiously twisting a piece of his blonde hair between my fingers.