Reaping: Katrina

I woke to a bright morning. How happy I thought to myself, perfect for reaping day. This was the year where the tributes would be reaped based off of votes. I showered and put on a dress my grandmother bought for me for my 14th birthday. Two years ago. So much has changed since then. I walked downstairs to see my mother. "Oh. You looks so lovely my darling." She embraced me with a hug. I parted and ate my breakfast. After finishing rather quickly I walked down to the center of town and got ready for the reaping. Finding my friends and such. "Hey Katrina!" My friend Opal called out to me. "Hey Opal!"
"Ready for the reaping?" She asked.
"You bet!"
We caught up with some others and then dispersed for the reaping. Flavier walked into stage with his flaming red hair and black suit as usual. Colored gems outlined his jacket and he had that show person smile all escorts do. "Welcome one, welcome all. To he 25th hunger games!" The crowd erupted into cheers. I had voted for my self hoping this would be my year. I've trained all my life for this moment.
"Shall we begin?" Flavier asked.
"Ladies first" he strolled over to the big bowl with one slip of paper in it. The female who got the most votes to compete in this years hunger games, her name was on that paper. He reached in slowly, quickly grabbed it and walked back to the microphone. "This years female tribute from district two is..."
"Katrina Harold!"
I smiled. I was going to the games.