Chapter 25

A/N:The song is called Without You by For King and Country. It will probably be used again. I want to say thanks again to my followers and for all the positive help and feedback. I am continuing to write out this story and will edit changes when finished. I will try to update often on weekends but with school just starting it's been busy especially with marching band. Thanks again.

April
I went and found Leo after the call with Tristan. I knocked. Leo,I called. Yeah come in,he said. I opened the door and walked in. I saw Leo dressed up in his suit from prom since it was black. What,he asked. You look amazing,I said. Thanks but you look way better,he said. What'd you need,he asked after a minute of silence. I shook my head and then said,Tristan wants to know if we can give him a ride to and from the funeral. Yeah sure,he said. Okay,I said. Are you ready,he asked. Yeah,I said. Let's go,he said and picked up the extra bag with my meds and an O2 tank in it in case I need it. I rolled the tank out behind me as I walked out of the room. He closed the door and then we went to the jeep. He locked the front door and we were off. He texted Sarah our whereabouts. The med bag was in the backseat. We stopped at the hospital at 3:30. Tristan got in. Hey April,Tristan said. Hey Tristan,I said. Hi Leo,Tristan said. Hey Tristan,Leo said. How've you been holding up,I asked. I'm alright how bout you,Tristan replied. Okay,I said. We listened to the radio. It was better than the sound of the silence. We pulled up to the church at 3:55. 5 minutes to spare. There were a lot of people there. We were escorted to the front. Emily's  mom and dad were sitting there. Her mom was crying. I bet they regret not visiting often. We sat down. Her father shook our hands. You must be Tristan and April he said to us both. And you are,he added looking at Leo. I'm Leo Greyson sir,April's boyfriend,Leo said and shook his hand. Nice to meet you,he said. He sat down next to his wife. It was easy to tell they were rich. Her mother had on a ginormous diamond ring and a necklace full of diamonds. Her father wore expensive clothing and a gold watch. They had this accent and aura that spoke of their wealth. The pastor spoke a bit about Emily and how courageous she was fighting cancer. It was then mine and Tristan's turn to speak. I was in love with her,when I was first diagnosed I didn't want treatments I was just going to die I didn't want to fight I had nothing to live for but I met her and everything changed,she didn't tell me if she was dying,it came suddenly and it demolished me it was as if a bomb went off,i had just found out I was in remission,I thought she would've been too,the news tore me apart,I loved her and I still do so if she can her this,I love you Em,he said and cried. I didn't know if that was all he wrote or if he just couldn't continue. I didn't believe a single word maybe Tristan but the rest of it was just a load of crap. I realized by Tristan's reaction how Leo would be if I died and it pained me to think about it. "Well,I don't know where to begin. Emily was one of my girl best friends with cancer. We were cancer friends. I met her and Tristan during my chemo treatment one day and it just stuck. We were there for one another. I'm sorry to say I didn't get to spend much of her last days with her due to being in the hospital myself with other health problems happening but I did a few times and she is still one of the best cancer friends I've had besides Tristan. She convinced us all to fight and that miracles were possible. I'm sorry I--don't know----where to go from----shaky breath----here,I said and slowly walked back to my seat wiping away tears. I sat in between Leo and Tristan. They both grabbed my hands for support. One as a friend,the other as a boyfriend. At the end of the service,I asked them both. Can we go,I asked. What?Why?Don't you want to visit her grave,they asked. No,I said,I've taken all I can today I need to go,is that okay Tris,I asked. Yeah fine,he said. Leo was almost about to turn into the hospital when I said no keep driving. Okay where to,he asked. Just drive somewhere anywhere,I said. He drove around for a long time until I eventually cried myself unconscious while he held my hand. He apologized to Tristan for the delay before dropping him off. Leo took me home. He laid me down in bed. I slept for hours. I never woke once. Finally,I regained my consciousness. Hey,how are you feeling baby girl,good to see you awake again,Leo said to me as I slowly sat up and ran my fingers through my short pageboy hair. He helped to connect my portable tank. I'm okay,I said. What time is it,I asked. About 12,you were out for almost a day,I was getting pretty worried,he said. Mom changed your outfit when we got back after I brought you in,he added as he saw my concerned face. I need to do something to distract me,I said as I rubbed my face in my hands. I have an idea,he said. What,I asked. The carnival just started up if you wanna go and we can just hang there for a while and maybe ride some rides if you want,he said. Sure sounds fun,I need to shower and change though,I said. Alright that's fine,try not to take to long you're beautiful the way you are,we gotta beat the crowds,he said. Okay,I won't,I replied. Alright,he said. I walked over and dug through my bag. In it I found a cute new outfit that Sarah must've bought and secretly slid into my bag knowing I wouldn't have taken it otherwise. I rolled my cart behind me since I was now connected to my portable tank again. I quickly took my shower and changed. I was wearing a new shirt and my long skinny jeans. The shirt was pretty. It was a loose cherry red with quarter length sleeves that hung loose. I grabbed my cream Aeropostale jacket and walked to the kitchen. I met Leo who let Sarah know we were leaving. He grabbed his keys and walked me to the passenger side. He opened the door and helped me in. The slid my tank in at my feet. He walked around and started the jeep. We were on our way. I hoped it'd be fun and a nice distraction. But I probably should've stayed home I knew I should've because something was gonna happen but I didn't listen. I wanted to live and this cancer wasn't going to control me and what I could do. Leo carefully watched my face every few minutes to watch for change or a sign that we needed to go home. I gave nothing away. I just grasped his hand,carefully slipping my fingers through his. In that moment I knew we were in love deep and true and wouldn't survive without each other.