Chapter 19

A/N:Sorry guys for not updating but so often there's been a lot going on I've been busy hope you are having a good summer. Enjoy this chapter I have more to come I promise. The song I've added is called All I Want by Kodaline. This song will probably be used for a few chapters I love it and it matches perfectly so don't be alarmed if you see it again. Enjoy and be sure to check out my other books.

April
I was still sitting with his head in my lap,my head towards the ceiling crying when I heard his voice. It brought me out of my nightmarish thoughts and into the present. I quickly wiped the tears away. April,what's wrong,he asked gently concerned. It's nothing I'm okay I'm fine,I said and sniffed. No you're not you were just crying,what is wrong,you can tell me,he said sitting up and resting his hand on my knee. I just stayed quiet. April,he whispered and moved the hand to my cheek where his thumb started moving in a circle behind my ear. Every time all I can see is you in that bed and it was worse than it is and if not then I'm in your place but instead of living I die in your place to save you,I'm so scared,I said beginning to cry again. I know we all are me included,he said with his eyes soft. He leaned closer and I breathed out shakily. Our lips met and a spark spread throughout me. We sat there for a minute afterwards just letting out breaths mix. I love you,I whispered still breathing with my eyes closed. I love you too,he whispered back. You've brought out a different side of me,I whispered. I know,he said giving me another soft kiss. I opened my eyes only to see his gorgeous brown eyes looking back into mine. All I saw in them were a love so strong for me that I could see me spending the rest of my life with him. I cooked dinner that evening. We had Shake'n'Bake chicken in the oven,Mac'&'Cheese,Mashed Potatoes,Green Beans,Baked Beans and Biscuits. It was actually really good considering I've never really cooked that before in my life. I would have chemo tomorrow and I'll probably slip in with Emily. I will also speak to Tristan. We went to bed that night. I gave him his bed and I slept on the pull out couch. I woke early the next morning. Sarah was off today cause I had chemo and she needed somebody to stay with Leo. His grandma was going to keep an eye on him and the kids. Sarah is taking me to chemo. I wrote Leo a note about my whereabouts. I put a tank,sweats,and a sweat jacket on. I was wearing something comfortable. We were leaving early so I can see Emily. Tristan has chemo with me today. I met Sarah in the kitchen. She was dressed but still half asleep. She was sipping her coffee and looking out the window. We were gonna grab breakfast on the way down. Sarah,I said softly so I wouldn't wake anyone else. I swear she must've jumped a mile high. God April you scared me,she said. I didn't mean to,I said. I know,she said with a hand on her chest. Are you ready,she asked me. Yes,I said. I slid the note in an envelope and laid it on the pillow next to him so he will get it. We climbed in her car since I normally can't drive home anyway cause I'm too sick. She drove and we stopped at McDonald's and ate breakfast sandwiches and I grabbed a bottle of water. We made it to the hospital I am gonna have two hours before chemo. My chemo session is at 11 and it is currently 9. I went straight up to the ICU. Sarah had things to do so she dropped me off and would meet me after. I passed through the clearance zone. I closed the door to her room. Hey Em,I said. She blearily opened her eyes. Hey April,she said opening them wider as she became more alert. I didn't know you were here until Tristan texted me,I said. Sorry I've been in and out for about a week now,she said. It's okay,I said. Tears welled in my eyes. What's wrong,she asked. I wanted to tell you that Leo was in an accident the day you were put in the ICU was the day that he was,thank god he's okay,I said. That sucks,she said. Yeah,I said wiping a few stray tears away. Have the doctors told you anything new,I asked her. April,I hate even thinking it and telling you this,she said about to cry. They said I have around 2 months left,my cancer is spreading to fast,there is nothing more they can do but keep me comfortable,they are gonna stop treatments,she said. Oh god,I said putting my hand over my mouth. Don't tell Tristan,she said. I won't,I said. We hugged each other hard,crying. It was 15 till 11 I need to get downstairs. I've got chemo,if I'm not too sick I'll text you later and I'll try to visit again as soon as I can okay,I said. Bye,she said closing her eyes. Bye,I whispered and walked out closing the door. I walked onto the elevator and went to the cancer ward. I walked down the hall to the pediatric part of the ward. The whole walk down I would see open doors with tiny 3 year old kids lying there getting treatment with their hats on. It breaks my heart that some of them might not love to see the rest of their life. I made it to the chemo room. Tristan was already in there. I had already signed in. I had my hospital armband on my wrist. The nurse hooked me up to the drip. I sat there and leaned my head back before letting a breath out. Hey is everything okay,he asked me. Not really,I replied. What's going on,you can talk to me you know we are friends,he said. I've just had a lot going on the past week,Leo was in an accident and then my cancer numbers are rising back up when they were decreasing,I said. Sucks,he said. Did you visit Em,He asked. Yeah I went this morning,it sucks this happened to her,I said. I know,he said. We didn't really talk after that we just gave each other strength. I guess we both eventually fell asleep. I awoke when the nurse gently said my name and had started to remove the IV. I startled awake. I didn't feel too sick yet but this was just the beginning.  Bye Tristan I whispered. Bye he whispered back his eyes still closed as she removed his. I walked slowly out to meet Sarah. She helped walk me to the car. I leaned my head back and closed my eyes. About halfway home I sat up fast. Sarah you need to pull over,I said through gritted teeth. Why,she said but pulled over. I barely got my door open before I started to get sick. Oh sweetheart,she said pulling my hair back. I finally leaned back catching my breath and closed my eyes. I slept. When I woke again I was in bed with a cold cloth on my forehead. I don't even remember how I got here. A moment later,Sarah carried soup in on a tray and Leo followed behind her on his crutches. He'd be on them for another week at least and would continue physical therapy or PT for short. She moved closer as I tried to push myself into a sitting position. Hey,good to see your awake,she said and after sitting the tray down helped me sit up. She placed a pillow behind my head and a new cool cloth on my forehead. What happened,I asked feeling very warm.