Chapter 9.

Liam walked in around four am in the morning and stopped dead. There, lying on the sofa, was Niall and Harry. Liam couldn't help the small smile that plastered his face as he took a quick snap of them on his phone. Man, that was cute. They looked dead innocent. Zayn came in strolling after him and Liam stopped him, pointing to the pair sleeping on the sofa and Zayn couldn't help giggling at the sight.

Liam quickly told Zayn to shush, not wanting to startle the pair awake so they quickly headed off to their bedrooms, falling asleep quickly after.

When Harry woke up the next morning, he was alone. Frowning, he tossed the blanket aside and stumbled across to Nialls bedroom and other lads but they were all empty. He was alone. Harry began investigating Nialls bedroom, out of sheer boredom. His finger brushed over the family photo frame on his desk and dresser and he finally settled on his drawers. He opened the first drawer, excepting to find loads of underwear for him to wear but instead, he found something much more amusing.

Handcuffs.

He couldn't help the chuckle that escaped his mouth as he lifted up the handcuffs with one finger, dangling then from the edge. Harry had never been amused before. "Niall, you kinky bastard." Harry smirked, tossing the handcuffs in the dresser again before closing the drawers. He sighed, looking for more underwear until he finally found them at the bottom drawer and went to get changed.

Once he had showered and dressed, he headed outside. Clearing his throat a little, he started a walk down the path taken to Nialls work, ignoring the horrible looks people shot him as he walked by. He sat on a bench opposite the police station and waited, only notice something suspicious.

He noticed a man standing right outside the entrance of the station, in the steps. He was the same man Harry saw following Niall that day they were in Starbucks. Completely dressed in black, with a hood over his head and a phone to his ear. Harry frowned, watching him curiously when he looked over to the very end of the building and found another man, exactly the same.

Huh. Curiouser and curiouser. The man at the far end, was looking directly at Harry. Harry knew this because when he turned his head then back again, he was still looking at him. Harry sighed deeply and entered Nialls work without being seen, pushing the doors open and heading up to Nialls floor. He was about to head inside when a woman at the reception stopped him; pretty, blonde and petit.

"Are you here to make a statement, sir?" She asked, smiling kindly at Harry. Harry frowned, puzzled. "No. I, uh....I came here to see a friend, it's urgent." Harry replied warily and the woman studied Harry suspiciously, as if she knew fine well who Harry was, her blue eyes shining at him.

"What's your friends name?" She challenged.

"N-Niall." Harry said quickly and her eyes widened with recognition. "Right! Here's a visitors pass, he's right along the first corridor in the first room." She smiled, gesturing. Harry thanked her politely and hurried off the direction he was told, pushing the doors open.

Niall was sitting at his desk when he walked in, his legs up and feet crossed over on the wood. He was startled when he saw Harry, lifting his feet down as he stared at him. "Harry, what are you-"

"There are two guys watching you outside, Niall. Right now." Harry interrupted and Niall froze. He lifted himself up on his seat, only to be pushed back down by Harry and he blanched, looking up at him with confusion. "Don't look now, they'll know I've told you they were watching." Harry said impatiently and Nialls eyes widened.

"They saw you?" He asked uncertainly and Harry nodded. "One of them did." Harry admitted sheepishly and Niall groaned, running a hand through his hair. Louis was in their presence, sitting opposite Niall and watching them both carefully. He sat at the desk opposite Niall, staying silent. Harry turned his back to Louis, blocking his view on Niall and smirking at him. Harry looked down at Niall and Niall raised an eyebrow. "When were you gonna tell me about your handcuffs?" Harry whispered lowly in Nialls ear, practically straddling Niall on the swivel seat. Nialls eyes widened.
"Shit! I left them." Niall cursed, placing a hand to his forehead and Harry looked at him, stunned.

"You mean they weren't for...other use?" Harry asked innocently and Niall laughed. "You dirty minded person." Niall teased, shaking his head. "Hey, it's a sexy imagination." Harry retorted, slightly hurt. Niall rolled his eyes at him. "I'm kinky...but not that kinky." Niall sent a cheeky wink to Harry as he stood up, making Harry shiver and his insides turn.

"Stay here for the rest of the day, I'll take care of it." Niall finally decided and relief flooded through Harry when Louis cleared his throat. "Niall, can I talk to you for a second?" He asked clearly and Niall stood up, walking over to him. Harry paced about his desk, trying hard not to listen into their conversation but it was impossible with Louis being so loud.

"Niall, I know you're trying to help him and all but what exactly are you trying to do? He can't stay here, this place is strictly confidential!" He whispered and Niall sighed. "It's just for this afternoon Louis, besides, he has nowhere else go and it's least I can do since he warned me about those guys." Niall explained and there was a pause.

"Niall, please, get him out of here or so help me I will do it myself. He can't interfere with your work, at all! It's forbidden." Louis argued back and Niall glared at him, jaw cleaned. "Well, that's quite pointless seeing as I'm already working on his case." Niall replied bleakly and Harry frowned, looking up at the pair and Niall finally heaved a deep sigh, giving in.

"All right, I'll...I'll take care of the men first then take him home." Niall reluctantly said and Louis beamed, sitting back at his desk. As Niall was walking away, Louis cleared his throat again and switched on a screen opposite Harry. Harry looked at the screen and couldn't believe the picture he saw.

It was Hannah. Just after she had been...murdered. Harry couldn't bare to look at the blood stains on her vest but he couldn't seem to pull away as anger boiled inside him either. "Get that off!" Harry shouted at Louis and Niall heard Harry's raised voice, coming to a halt and turning round. Louis' face was smug.

"I said get that off!" Harry repeated but Louis just shrugged "I'm doing my job, it's an investigation." Louis replied slyly and Harry charged at Louis. "Hannah doesn't need investigating! She's dead!" Harry yelled and Louis stood up, frightened as Harry came close. "So you're not the least bit curious of who her murder is?" Louis said slyly and Harry aimed a punch at Louis, only to be pulled back by Niall.

"Harry, you don't want to hit my boss. You know this isn't you." Niall soothed, using his body as a barrier between the two. Harry's body was tense ad rigid, his muscles flexed and hands clenched. Niall could clearly see how angry he was and he'd do anything to calm him before he did something incredibly stupid. Nialls warm hands traced over Harry's arms, pulling him down as he attempted to calm him. "Harry." Niall whispered, cupping his face and demanding Harry to look at him. Soon, Harry's face began to soften as he stared into Nialls dazzling blue eyes filled with worry and all his anger washed over.

Niall smiled back at Harry, removing his hands from his face and feeling quite accomplished. One look. That's all it took. Louis was amazed, watching the peculiar chemistry between the two. He'd never seen Niall act like with anybody before and he certainly didn't expect him to act like that around Harry, of all people. "Just let me get my jacket, okay? I'll take you home." Niall said and Harry nodded, still shooting daggers at a smirking Louis.

When Niall walked off, Louis spoke again. "You need to leave Niall alone, Harry. He told me that you're staying at his for a few days, just so he could keep an eye on you. It's nice that he's doing that Harry, but he needs to stay out of trouble and he's too nice to say to you that he doesn't need a guy like you in his life. He's too pure." Louis explained with a sigh and Harry frowned again.

"You're saying Niall's a push over?" Harry asked angrily and Louis' eyes widened. "No! Of course not. I'm just saying that Niall needs space and time to do his work. I think it's time you moved back into your own flat, for both of your sakes." Louis assured him, placing a warm hand on his shoulder. Harry stole a glance at it before he shook it off. "Okay, I'll...I'll move out." Harry nodded and Louis beamed. "Great! I knew you'd understand." He smiled and Harry shrugged, walking away to greet Niall at the entrance.

When Niall drove Harry home, Harry realises they were clear of strange men. "What happened to them?" Harry asked curiously and Niall grinned. "Told ya I'd take care of them. They won't be bothering us anymore," Niall sighed, reaching out to clasp his hand around Harry's, laying them on his lap as he drove. Harry froze, staring at their hands before pulling away again. Nialls cheeks flushed and he pulled away, placing his hand on his gear stick as if nothing has happened.

Harry was confused when they got out the car, noticing how Niall had followed him. "What are you doing?" He asked curiously and Niall smirked, his hand on the small of Harry's back as the guided him up too his flat. "Making sure you don't escape." Niall explained simply and Harry scoffed. "Oh right, so I'm basically house arrest?" Harry asked sarcastically. "Basically." Niall shrugged, not aware of Harry's sarcasm.

Harry scrunched up his nose with annoyance as Niall brought him inside. "Okay, I should head back to work now." Niall smiled, letting to of Harry but Harry stopped him, spinning him round so that their chests bumped together. Niall grunted, his eyes wondering up to Harry. "Thank you...for keeping me calm today." Harry flashed a smile with dimples that made Nialls heart skip a beat. "I-I did it for Louis." Niall lied and Harry smirked.

"Sure you did." Harry teased, patting Niall quickly before watching Niall step back from him. "I'm gonna lock this door now." Niall told him and Harry's eyes widened for a second before he nodded, letting Niall shut the door. Niall was smiling when he walked away, only to have a large white cloth placed lager his mouth to stop him breathing and everything went black.

_____________

~okay so I didn't get the 20 comments that I asked for, but it was worth a try. Think it was a bit far fetched. How about 15 comments again? Detailed? And please don't ask me to update because I won't, thanks~

Ps this isn't edited, sorry
.