Chapter 22.

Maura came in Nialls room when he was still eating his meal. Niall looked up, his expression wary as Maura sat on the edge of the bed. "If you're going to lecture me about going easy with dad, save your breath. It's a waste of time." Niall warned and Maura frowned.

"You seem to care an awful lot about this Harry kid." Maura stated, ignoring Niall completely. Niall tensed a little before he shrugged, digging into the leftover turkey. "He's just someone I'm helping." Niall assured her but Maura frowned.

"Sounds like you're doing a lot more than helping." Maura replied, nodding toward the few picture frames that lay on Nialls bedside table that were filled with Harry and Niall posing for the camera. Niall might have to have a talk with Zayn and tell him not to take any more pictures from now on.

"He's a friend." Niall lied, scooping up a forkful of green beans. "Well I'm under the impression that you care for him more than a friend, the way you defended him like that." Maura retorted, folding her arms across her chest. Niall said nothing but cast a side long glance to his mother, unable to admit the fact that he did care for Harry in some sort of overly-friendly manner.

"But besides that little argument, it was a lovely dinner. It's always nice to see you." Maura smiled sweetly, kissing her son on the cheek before standing up. "Oh, and thank Liam for the lovely meal. It really was delicious. We're heading back to the hotel but I think Denise and Greg want to stay a little while longer with Theo." Maura added and Niall gave a a silent nod, waving off his mother as she shut the door behind her, his eyes on the TV screen.

Some time later after they were gone, there was another chap on the front door and Liam went to fetch it. Niall had stayed cooped up in his room all evening and Liam assumed he was too afraid to come out. Liam had left some Strawberry Cheesecake for dessert at the foot of his door, in hope that the smell of it would draw him to it but never once did his door open.

Liam exhaled deeply, pushing himself off the sofa and fetching for the door. Harry stood in the doorway, dressed in a cosy looking brown sweater and tight black skinny jeans with black ankle boots. A St Christopher's necklace hung loose around his neck and a navy blue beanie covered his sleek black curls with a flew loose strands peering out. There was a slight glow about him that Liam had never noticed before, or hadn't known he had until now. He looked brighter, happier and it was all thanks to Niall. Niall made Harry feel alive. There weren't many people who could do that to him, especially someone who had a background like Harry's.

"Is Niall in?" Harry asked cheerfully, a bright smile on his face as he peered anxiously at Liam. Liam glanced back a Nialls closed door, sensing that he doesn't want to be disturbed and turned back round to Harry. "Now's not the time. He's got family over Harry, I'm sure he told you that." Liam reasoned and Harry sighed, biting his lip.

"Is that Harry?" A familiar Irish voice called and Harry looked behind Liam to see Niall standing at his bedroom door. Liam turned and was surprised to see him there. He should've known Niall would only come out for Harry.

A huge grin spread on Harry's face when he saw Niall and he brushed past Liam, closing the door behind him. Liam dropped his shoulders, knowing that there was nothing he could do to make Harry leave and decided to head off into the kitchen to help Zayn clean up the mess.

Niall strolled toward him, a shy smile on his face. "Happy Christmas, love." Harry beamed, bending down to kiss Niall. Harry closed the door behind him, resting his back against it as he cupped Niall’s hips. “Ugh, get a room.” Zayn groaned and Niall chuckled, gladly taking Harry’s hand but Harry stopped when he saw Theo still sitting in the highchair.

“Who’s this little guy?” Harry grinned, making faces at the cute baby. “That’s Theo. My nephew I was telling you about.” Niall explained and Harry cooed at him. “Can I hold him?” Harry asked hopefully and Niall shrugged his shoulders in reply, nodding. Harry beamed and scooped Theo up in his arms, Niall watching how his freakishly large hands wrapped fully around his tiny little body. “He’s tiny. He looks just like you, Niall.” Harry teased and Niall smirked, rolling his eyes when Denise and Greg came through the door, hearing Harry’s voice. Niall froze, unable to do anything. “Get your hands off him!” Greg shouted and Zayn spun round, watching Greg take Theo out of Harry’s arms. Harry’s face fell and he stared anxiously at Niall, who looked dumbfounded.

“He got you kidnapped, Niall!” Greg spat, turning round to his brother. “Oh, great. More relatives.” Harry sighed, heading over to help Zayn but Greg caught him, spinning him back round again to slap him in the face. Harry grunted, falling face first on to the table and then landing with a thud on his bum on the floor. “Hey!” Niall yelled, striding next to Harry. “How can you defend him?” Greg spat, his voice filled with disgust.

“Because he’s done a lot more for me than you will ever do.” Niall defended, bawling his hands into fists. Greg opened his mouth to protest, but closed it again. “We’ll be at the hotel.” Greg murmured and grabbed Denise’s hand, Denise sending a worried look to Niall before leaving with her family. When the door was closed, Niall immediately bent down to Harry, who was whimpering a little. “Harry, you’re bleeding.” Niall gasped, examining his temple. “I am?” Harry was confused as he reached up to gently massage his temple, only to wince in pain. Liam was by his side in seconds, handing him a wet flannel from the bathroom.

“Thanks, mate.” Harry smiled up at Liam as Niall dabbed the flannel against Harry’s head, concentrating hard. “I’m not your mate.” Liam retorted but Harry couldn’t miss the small grateful smile that appeared on Liam’s lips as he walked away. “I’m gonna kill my brother.” Niall muttered and Harry couldn’t help the chuckle that left his mouth. “You’re not going to kill your brother.” Harry corrected him smugly and Niall blanched. “You’re right, I’m not.” Niall heaved a deep sigh and Harry smirked. “It’s all right, I’ve been through worse.” Harry shrugged as Niall attempted to wipe more blood off but Harry pulled away. The lads pitied Harry at his words but there wasn’t much they could do about it. It was in the past.

“Anyway, I came…for your Christmas present.” Harry said weakly, handing over a white envelope. Frowning, Niall opened it quickly to reveal two Coldplay tickets a week today. “I saw you listening to Coldplay on my phone the other day so I thought you might want to-“ Harry’s explanation was interrupted when Niall slammed his lips against Harry’s a thank you, earning a typical laugh from Liam and Zayn. Harry was flustered when Niall pulled away, but enjoyed the snogging session nevertheless. “It’s actually for both of us. Gemma was the one that suggested it…she…she knows people.” Harry’s explanation was rushed but Niall couldn’t care less. He was going to see Coldplay. With Harry. Best Christmas present yet.

That night, Harry lay curled up in bed with Niall, humming Coldplay songs in his ears. They were just about to fall asleep when the door opened and Zayn walked in, causing them both to glare at them. “I did knock.” Zayn defended innocently and Niall smirked, wrapping his arm around Harry’s waste. “What do you want?” Niall asked curiously and Zayn strolled forward.

“Forgot to tell you, this came in the mail today. I didn’t want to give it to you until now.” Zayn explained, handing him a letter. Niall opened it up and as soon as he read it, he started shaking with fear. It was a court letter. A hearing in court that proved Sean and Matt were guilty, with his attendance.

_________________

Hi guys. I'm not very sure about this chapter. I had writers block toward the end. Hence the delayed upload. I would've updated sooner if it wasn't for the delayed upload. 20 detailed comments again guys and I promise I will update, like always. Can't wait to hear them, they always make me smile :)