Chapter 33.

When Niall had turned round after he paid for their bill using Anne's money like she had suggested (he felt really guilty about using it but it wasn't as if he was going to see her again any time soon so he kind of had to use it) he turned round to see Harry had completely disappeared.

With his heart hammering against his chest, he grabbed his jacket that hung over his chair at the table, noticing that Harry's journal had also gone, and headed home first. Nialls mind was put at ease when he found Harry in the spare bedroom, punching a punch bag they had just bought over the weekend.

Niall let out a short sigh and glanced at his couch, where the journal lay. "You can read it if you want." Harry said suddenly, sensing Nialls presence as he had opened and closed the door. Nialls heart quickened at his words, feeling slightly flattered.

"No, Harry, that's your life. It's private." Niall protested, waking over to the older boy. "Mhmm. And I trust you with it. I may not be able to tell you out loud, but I do, deep down. This is just my way of showing you," Harry spoke softly, turning round and cupping Nialls face in his hands.

"Harry..." Niall trailed off, utterly speechless. He glanced at the journal and then turned back to Harry again. He quickly kissed Harry on the cheek before parting from Harry and heading over to the couch to pick it up. The leather was rough, bonded together and a black strap wrapped over it to keep the pages together. The phrases "please" and "one and only" were written at the side and Niall gave Harry a questionable look as he walked toward him.

"That please was for me wanting my mum to listen to me, because she never did. The one and only one was for when I found out I was gay...the rest are just doodlings for when I was bored." Harry explained with a casual shrug and Niall smiled a little.

he front door suddenly opened and Zayn walked in, just finishing from work. "What's that? A diary?" Zayn pressed immediately, frowning at it. "No," Niall replied automatically, folding his arms across his chest to hide it, knowing how badly Harry would react if Zayn took it.

"I didn't know you kept a diary." Zayn frowned, reaching over and snatching it off him, taking Niall by surprise. Harry's eyes widened, his heart hammering. "No!" He shouted, pushing Zayn so that he stumbled backwards a little and letting Harry take the diary off him. Zayn was shocked, completely gobsmacked by Harry's actions as Harry clung tightly to it.

"It's mine!" He snarled at Zayn and stormed into Nialls room, slamming the door shut behind him. Zayn gasped a little, raising an eyebrow at Niall. "He has some trust issues." Niall explained sheepishly and Zayn snorted sarcastically.

"You damn right he does," Zayn sighed, shaking his head in disbelief. He was about to go into his own room when Niall stopped him. "I'm really sorry about that, Z. I can get him to apologise-"

"Don't worry, Ni. I don't want to make his life more difficult than it already is. Besides, it was my fault. I shouldn't have jumped to conclusions like that, joking that it was yours." Zayn smiled weakly, shrugging Niall off him and heading into his room without saying another word.

Niall sighed, heading into his bedroom where Harry was and found him pacing the length of his room, tears in his eyes. Niall froze, staring at Harry in awe. Harry was actually crying? Well, he never would've thought.

Harry sniffed, wiping his nose on the back of his sleeve and Niall walked over to him, cupping his face just like he did to him. "Harry...?" Niall whispered and Harry whimpered.

"Go ahead and laugh." He replied stubbornly and Niall frowned. "No one's laughing at you, Harry." Niall reasoned and Harry hiccuped a little. "What's the matter?" Niall tried but all he got in return was silence.