Chapter Four

Xavier's POV

I've been searching someone to replace Tara but I haven't found anyone yet. There's no one as good as her that I've come across till. It's frustrating and it's making me more curious and restless. I want the best of work and I can't find someone to be that sure about. 

After going through endless candidates for the job I got really desperate and asked a friend of mine to do me a little favour. Edward is close friend of mine, I've known him long enough to trust him completely with something so important. He works as a investigator and is pretty good at digging stuff for people.

I asked him if he could get me some information about Tara. Something that's useful and resourceful for me. I know it's invasion of privacy but I want to know what is it that's stopping her. I wouldn't be at peace until I find the damn reason.

After I finish my work at the office I headed to my penthouse. I entered and saw Martha standing with her gorgeous smile. Martha is my housekeeper since I was studying in New York. She is the closest I ever had to a mother. My mother bailed when I was really young and my father was absent for most of my life, she was only one that made me feel like a family expect sister.

"Xavier" she said and hugged me

"How are you doing Martha?"

"I'm good just a bit sick lately"

"You should take care of more Martha. It's high time you stop being careless about your health"

"I'm taking care. Don't you worry"

Just then the door wide opened and I knew who it was.

"Hey buddy" Edward came and gave me a bro hug.

"You really don't have to hug me everytime you see me, okay?" I said patting his back.

"Martha! I think you're just getting younger each day. So pretty"

Martha smacked his head and we shared a good laugh.

"I'll be back. I hope you've what I've been looking for"

I head to my master bedroom, took a quick shower and changed into sweatpants and a t-shirt. I came down and Ed and Martha were talking.

"You guys talk, I'll go and prepare your dinner" she said and left.

"Here" Ed said and gave me a file. I took the file and sat next to him to read it. "It's just basics, actually incredibly basic. I understand what you wanted me to do but I can't invade someone's privacy because you've some sort obsession with her. I don't work like not even for my best friend"

Name: Tara Sharma

Nationality: Indian

Date of birth: 9th August'1990

Relationship status: single

Place of birth: India

Profession: Interior designer

Currently working: Collins co. Inc.

Place of education: London,  New York

"I already figured this much. It's in her job description. You really couldn't get me anything else?"

"I told you I'm not spying on that woman. I got the basic information from her office only. I didn't do any investigation or anything. Although I did come across an interesting fact."

"What?" I asked immediately

"I'm not sure but I think something happened around three or four years ago because after that she has never visited her home. There isn't a single travel to India ever since."