Chapter Twenty Five

Tara's POV

I walked in the office with coffee in one hand and my bag in the other. I woke up late for work today since I've been sleeping late because of watching movies at night.

I turned to see Sarah, my intern rushing towards me.

"Hey, morning. Could you please hold my bag?" I asked her and she nodded and took my bag from my hand.

I walked into my cabin and saw some files on my desk. I opened them to see pictures of different wallpapers.

"What are these?" I asked Sarah

"Mrs. Gomez send these and asked if you could pick your choice soon so she could start working."

"I told you I don't trust pictures. I want to meet her in her store where she keeps the sample and see for myself." I put my empty cup down and check my planner for the rest of the day. "Okay so I've nothing planned for the day. Do one thing, call Mrs. Gomez and tell her I'll meet her in her store in half an hour."

"Isn't it short notice? I could schedule it after lunch. You won't have to rush that way."

I sighed "Yeah I know but Emma is supposed to come back today and I want to be free before that. So.."

"Emma is coming back today?" I nodded "Okay then I'll let her know."

I reached through some files to see if there was anything that needed my immediate attention. Satisfied, I took my keys and made my way to finalize the wallpapers.

Mrs. Gomez was the best you can find when it comes to her work but she has a attitude problem. It's very difficult to get her on board and convince her on my ideas especially when she is pissed at you for setting up a meeting at short notice.

After hours of discussion, arguments, disagreements and stink eyes I finally locked the deal and finalize all the wallpapers I needed for the project.

I unlocked my car when I saw a woman in black car looking at me. She had her shades on but from afar she looked kind of familiar. It seemed suspicious but I tried to rationalize.

I got into my car and started driving. I played my favorite song and relaxed a little bit until I saw my rearview mirror and saw the same car following me. There was a good chance I was being paranoid and nothing was wrong.

Just to be safe and to have a little backup for my insanity I called Xavier.

"Hello babe. I'm sorry I can't talk I'm in a meeting." He said picking up the phone.

"Yeah okay but I want to talk and it seems kind of important."

"What's up? Are you okay?"

"Yeah but a lady is following me ever since I left Mrs. Gomez's office. It could be a coincidence but do you think she could be some reporter? Or paparazzi?"

"What? No, they don't really know about you but to be safe send me your location. I'll meet you somewhere halfway."

"If you think it is nothing, you shouldn't come leaving your meeting in the middle. I just go home."

"No, meeting is almost done and don't go home. Just send me your location. I'm on my way"

I hung up and send him the location. I didn't want to argue and it would be safe with him to go home rather than alone. The idea of someone following me was absurd. I'm not someone who is interesting enough to be followed in all honesty.

I tried to detour a little to give Xavier enough time to catch up but the lady kept following me throughout. When I got a message from Xavier saying he's almost there I finally stopped my car. I wanted to know who this person was. She is been following me for half an hour and that's keeping me from going home. My daughter is supposed to come today and I wanted to go home early.