Chapter Thirty Nine

Tara's POV

We reached really late at night. I wanted to talk to him but he was too tired to listen and it wasn't how I wanted him to know about his mother. I decided I'll make him a nice dinner, sit him down and break the news in a calm way.

I woke up with noises coming from the wardrobe. I saw Xavier packing up a bag.

"What are you doing so early in the morning?"

"I'm sorry, did I wake you up? I'm leaving for New York. Some work came up and they can't do it without me."

I got up and sat "What? Why so urgently? I wanted to talk to you."

"I know babe. I promise I'll be back before you know it. We'll talk about anything you want, okay?"

He left in a hurry before I even had a chance to respond. I got dressed, took Emma to school and headed straight to work.

I kept calling Leah's number but she wouldn't pick up. I had no idea where she was and I was getting a little worried now.

I was standing outside Emma's school waiting for it to get over so I can pick up my daughter. I took out my phone and called Leah again. It was frustrating how I wasn't able to get hold of her.

I looked up from my phone and front of me was standing the man I wished I never met. I couldn't believe it. It was the worst timing in the world for him to show up and worst place to. He smiled at me and I felt irritated.

"What the hell? What are you doing here?" I barked at him.

"Well.. is this how you meet the father of your child?"

"Don't you dare. She is not your anything."

"Technically she is. Anyways I don't have any interest in that little monkey. I came to see you. You look great."

"Just.. what do you want? And how the hell did you even find me?"

He laughed his annoying laugh "You're kidding me? There is announcement of your engagement in every newspaper. You're marrying a rich one. Good job" he took a step towards me "Between you and me, did you use my bastard child to make your rich man fall in love with you?"

I was fuming with rage. I can not believe I once loved this person. "You watch it or I'll swear to God-"

"You'll do what? Create a scene in front of the school with a bunch of mommies looking? I don't think so. Meet me tonight and we'll talk."

"There is no chance in hell I'm meeting you. You can get lost for all I care."

He gave a crooked smile "Yeah but you do care, don't you? You'll care if I introduce myself to your precious daughter as her father." He pointed towards Emma who was walking towards the gate. My blood went cold. I don't want Emma to find out like this. Moreover, he's an asshole who would do anything until he gets what he wants. "I'll do it and I don't even care about her. I just want you to agree to meet me."

He started walking towards her and I panicked. I don't want Emma to witness this. She's a kid and she's happy.

"Fine. Whatever. I'll meet you." I gave him my card "just text me where you wanna meet."

I didn't stay to hear any of his snarky comments. I ran towards Emma and hugged her real tight. I couldn't imagine anything happening to my daughter. I would die rather than cause her any unhappiness.

"Mommy, you're crushing me." She said in a strained voice.

I let her go. "I'm sorry baby. I just missed you alot."