Chapter Twenty Nine

Tara's POV

It's been almost a week since I've talked to Xavier. He calls Emma and they talk about everything but he doesn't say anything to me.

I go to work but he's almost never there and even when he is, he pretends that I do not exist. It has been the most difficult week of work in my entire life. I know people talking about us and those talks are getting more interesting everyday for people.

He doesn't even want to talk about his very important project that I'm working on so it has been very difficult to ask for approvals and discuss any new ideas. His ignorance is not only screwing with my mind but it is making my work super slow.

I dropped Emma at her school and headed for work. I went straight to Andrew's desk to ask if he has gotten the approvals I needed.

"I dropped him off with Mr. Hardman's secretary because he was busy. I think we'll have them by the end of the day."

I sighed and left. I just wish there was some way he could just forget about everything and look at me with soft eyes so I can get the assurance that everything is going to be okay. Everything just seems like falling apart and I can't do anything but to watch it fall apart.

I walked into my cabin to find Edward waiting. Edward is Xavier's closest friend and ever since we've been dating he has become a good friend of mine too. With Jessica gone and no one around, he is a great company.

"Hey! What are you doing here?" I asked

"Waiting for you" he got up and hugged me.

I settled on the chair infront of him and raised my eyebrows at him in a questioning manner.

"I heard what happened and I'm sorry. I've been trying to track down Xavier but it seems impossible to even get a glimpse of him these past days. I've called you like million times and you didn't pick up either so I decided the best way to get of either one of you is to wait in your office until one of you show up."

I sighed "I'm sorry I didn't answer your calls. It has been a crazy week and even though you're great friend to me, you're still Xavier's closest buddy. I just didn't know how to talk to you."

He smiled "Dude, are you kidding me? What you did for that little girl is amazing. I'm amazed by how strong you are. It's a big news and Xavier needs time to come in terms with it but that doesn't mean he doesn't care. I'm his friend but I'm your friend too. I know it is just as hard for you as it is for him. I'm here, if you need me. No questions asked, hopefully."

I laughed and shook my head. It was nice to hear someone say something that wasn't gossip. It felt nice to have a friend when I was feeling so lonely.

"Xavier is having a conference in the conference hall 3. I thought you should know." Edward said breaking the silence.

"Okay. Well, no one informed me about that."

He shrugged not knowing how to answer that. I knew the answer already. Xavier didn't want me to know that he's here.

"Anyway, how's your girlfriend?" I asked

"Great. She's great. Everything's great. I mean she's living somewhere across the globe helping people which is great. So, yeah. Great."

"It sounds almost convincing."

He sighed "Oh no.. it is just I can't ask her to leave her job and be here with me because she loves what she does. I admire her enthusiasm for the people but I'm here and she's all around the world. It is just very difficult."

"I'm sorry, Edward. I know how hard long distance relationship could be. I wish I could do something for you."

"Yeah I wish too. Listen, I can't be with the person I love because of geographically reasons and things that are complicated that we can't talk it out because we're living apart but your relationship is right in front of you. You gotta fight for him, for what you want before it is too late to do anything. He is here and you are here, you seriously have no idea how important that thing is. Just go and explain yourself. If you want him to hear you, just speak up because you can and that's really important."