Chapter Thirty

Tara's POV

I came out of the conference room with a smile on my face. I've been so sad these couple of days that smiling felt refreshing. I was happy, everything in this moment felt perfect. I didn't know what comes next but I didn't care because in this moment I feel content. I was happy that we're okay now and I don't have to drill myself anymore. It felt right.

I apologized to my intern in running out of work. He informed me I've some pretty lady waiting for me in my office.

I walked upto my office, I pulled my door but she was facing the wall.

"I'm sorry I got caught up." I said politely.

She turned and faced the one person in this entire world that could ruin my mood completely.

"What do you want Nivya?" I asked annoyed.

"I just want to talk to you, okay?" She sat down and I took my seat "I know you've every reason to not want to see me and hate me but I just want to see my daughter once."

"How did you even find out?"

"I saw her at a supermarket with your boyfriend. She looked just like how I did when I was a little girl. I wasn't sure but a part of me wanted it to be her. I started going to that supermarket and I kept seeing her. I thought he was her parent who adopted her, you know. After a while I discovered she wasn't his daughter but you took her. I didn't know how to face you but I knew I had to."

I was furious "You stalked my daughter? Are you kidding me?"

"I just wanted to make sure that if she's my daughter, she's in the right hands. I know how it sounds but my intentions were good."

"Let's just be clear on one thing here, she's my daughter. You're a nobody in this situation and I'm the mother. I don't want you anywhere near my daughter so if you even try to think about it I'm going to have to get a restraining order."

"I-I know what-"

"Oh no I'm not getting sucked into your excuses and emotional motherly love. You did what you thought you wanted and left her. I'm her mother and I'm going to do what is best for my daughter and it ain't you."

I returned to my seat and started working. She sighed and spoke "There's no excuse to what I did and I'm not here to justify my actions. Don't you think if I wanted to harm her or you I would've spoke early rather than waiting for the right time? Listen, Tara, she's is going to hate me forever for what I did and I how I left but at least she should know the face of the person she is going to hate forever. I just want to meet her once and then I'm out of your lives forever."

"Ugh fine but I'm not promising anything. I'll go home think, talk to my daughter and tell you my final decision. Can you wait for that?"

She smiled "Yes, I can. I'll leave my number with your intern"

I just nodded and she left.

I was really confused on what should I do and what I shouldn't. I don't have to agree and she can't get me into trouble since she gave up her rights as a mother but she's my daughter's mother. I decided it would be best if I blow off work and just think what my best option is.

I heard a knock on my door. Xavier revealed himself.

"I heard you didn't show up in any of your meetings and commitments today. Are you okay?"

"Yeah I took time off to think about stuff"

"What stuff? You're freaking me out now."

"Nivya, Emma's mother came by today. She wants to meet her."

"So? Do you want her to meet Emma?"

I sighed "I don't know. I haven't decided yet."

"I'm sure you'll make the right decision."

I frowned at his answer "How can you be so causal about it? She call you Dad, you know"

"I'm not being causal and I'm aware what she calls me and I don't take that causally either. Listen, I trust you but you're overanalyzing this. If you really don't want her to meet your daughter, just say no and nobody is going to judge you. You're a great mother and nothing is going to change that."

"You're right but what I'm saying is-"

"Did you pick up Emma from daycare?"

"Oh shoot, I'm so preoccupied in this that I forgot to pick her up." I started searching for my keys.

"Come I'll drive you. I'm done at the work" Xavier said getting up.

"What about my car?"

"I'll ask the driver to drive it to your place"

Both of left to pick Emma. Emma was really excited to see that Xavier after such a long time. She jumped and he picked her up immediately.

"I missed you" she said

"I missed you too"

The entire car ride, Emma and Xavier spend catching up and chatting up everything they knew. It was adorable how comfortable it was. We reached home and I took Emma's bag before getting out.

"Are you not coming up?"

"Well I would love to but I've to meet Edward. I told him I'll catch up with him after I'm done for the day." 

I kissed him on his cheeks "See you then"

I started walking when he called me "Tara?"

I turned around "Yeah?"

"Why don't you join us for dinner? It'll be nice."

I smiled "Sure"

"Cool. See ya" 

I nodded and walked towards home. I took a shower, called the babysitter, made Emma dinner, helped her in her homework and got dressed all in time.

I entered Xavier's home and found both of them in the hall. They recognised our presence and stood up. Xavier was dressed in a black tshirt and white rugged jeans. Looking incredibly hot. Edward was dressed in a green cargo pant and olive green tshirt.

"Where's your pretty daughter?" Edward asked.

"At home with the babysitter."

He turned to Xavier "what's the point of inviting her when she didn't even bring my date!"

"Hey! My daughter, off limits"

He chuckled and went to the bar to make himself a drink. 

Xavier held me tightly while his hands roamed on my bare back "You look very sexy" he said into my ear making me hot.

"Nope. Not gonna happen. Maintain distance" Edward interrupted while handling me my drink.

"Where's Sapphire and Daniel?" I asked taking a sip my drink.

"Having dinner with Daniel's family. They're staying there for a couple of days."

"You know that's a good thing, right? Pregnant Sapphire is such a pain in the ass. She dragged me to ten different stores in the morning to find the perfect cheese that won't make her puke. The worst part she tasted the cheese in each store."

I laughed while Edward rolled his eyes at me.

After the dinner we all sat together and talked. Emma's babysitter called and it was time for me to release her.

"I'll drop you" Xavier said.

I took my purse and phone and was leaving when Edward came in front of me "I'm really happy you made up. He's never been this happy and I want that for him but that doesn't mean I don't want you to be happy. Listen, I'm here for you. You need anything, you can come to me. I'm just as much friend of yours as I'm of Xavier's."

"Thank you Edward. You're a good friend and an amazing person." I kissed his cheek before leaving.