Final Chapter

Tara's POV

I parked my car on my spot and sat inside thinking about yesterday night. For years I dreamt what it would be like to see Xavier again. I waited for years for his call. I imagined so many scenario but in no imagination of mine did I anticipate the pain I would feel again.

I feel happy and heartbroken at the same time. My heart fluttered at the sight of the man I love but it also breaks remembering the day he broke my heart. It was confusing and stressful.

All of a sudden my car door opened and Edward slipped into my passenger seat.

"What a party, huh?" He rolled his eyes which made me smile.

"You attended a party after two years which ended up being a disaster. It is sign, be a loner forever." He hit my arm causally.

"Doesn't wanna go in?"

"I do. I just.. I feel so out of place all of a sudden. Everything feels confusing and I don't know why it is happening. After six years looking at him shouldn't be this difficult." I sighed.

Edward held my hand and put his other hand on it in a reassuring manner.

"I read somewhere 'what you're confused to do is clear indication of the next thing you need to do'. You know what you want, you're just afraid to access it. You saw him and you knew how it was gonna go but you're afraid because love is scary and confusing but you need to find your peace. No matter whatever you do, I'm gonna be right here."

"Thank you." We stayed quiet while my brain thought about what Edward said. "You know how when you're out and it starts raining all of a sudden so find a bridge and stay under it. You're my bridge, you're always there to give me shelter when I'm wandering around in my life looking for answers."

He laughed. "Now that you're in a better mood. I should tell you that Xavier is talking to your daughter in your office."

"What? Why? Why is he in my office? Why is she?"

"She took your pen drive by mistake and you took hers so she called me asking me to drive her here. Xavier was waiting for you in the office. He asked if he could talk to her and she said yes. I wanted to stop her and wait for you but you know I can't. So then I came down to call you when I saw you sitting in the car."

"Oh God! What are they talking about?" I was having a little anxiety attack but I was keeping it together as nicely as I can. It wasn't easy for Emma to forget Xavier either. I know what she went through and how difficult it was to explain it to her that the man he calls Dad is no longer gonna be in her life.

"While I was standing and eavesdropping they were talking about her school and her life and what was upto. Regular and basic things."

I turned off the car and got of the car, so did Edward.

"You wait for Emma here. I'm sending her down. Take her school or wherever. See you later."

"Okay. Later. Take care." He said and left for his car.

I hurriedly made my way to the office. I slowed down as I reached my office.

"Did you love her?" I heard Emma ask.

"Yeah, I did. Alot" Xavier answered

"Then why didn't you guys work out? Why did you separate?"

I heard Xavier sighed. "I loved her but I hurt her. Your mom was too good for me. I hurt her, I hurt you and I ruined our relationship. I regret it now, I was stupid and impatient which cost me the best thing that ever happened to me. I love her and I miss you both every day but I've done too much damage to repair."