Chapter Five

Tara's POV

"What do you mean you can't find Emma?" I shouted on Jess on call.

"I dont know Tara. I was just 10 minutes late and I don't know where she was gone and even the guards have no freaking idea. Okay.. don't freak out we'll find her"

"She's just four where could she even go? Wait there I'm coming there"

"No! I'm finding her here you do one thing call her friend's mothers she might be with them"

"Okay call me if you find her I'll do the same"

It's been an hour since Emma is missing and not having with me is freaking me out. She's my life and I can't live without her. If anything happens to her I don't know what will I ever do. I don't want to freak out but I can't help. I just want my daughter beside me to calm me down.

"Hello Stacy I'm Tara, Emma's mother. Is Emma there with you guys?"

"No Tara I've no idea about Tara"

"Okay thank you"

I hung up and called every possible friend of her's and no one knew where she was. I felt like my entire life falling apart at that moment. I just wanted my daughter safe with me and not knowing what's happening was killing me.

"MOMMAAA" I heard a voice and turn around to see Emma running towards me. I gave her a tight hug.

"Where were you? You know momma was so worried. I'm upset" I replied crying

"I'm sorry. I help a rabbit and get lost and couldn't find Jess" she said and started crying

"Shh okay okay" I said wiping her tears

"I make a friend and he help me reach home" She said and pointed behind my back "Momma meet my friend Xavier"

I stood up and turned around hoping that he's not who I'm thinking he is. But I was right, he was exactly whom I was thinking he would be. I've never seen anybody more confused in my life. I told Emma to go to her room so I can talk to Xavier alone. 

"Xavier" I called in a soft whisper "I can explain"

He stood there quietly for a while and then spoke "You don't have to. It isn't my business anyway"

"Yeah but I want to. Care to join for a coffee?"

Xavier was sitting on the couch and I was in the kitchen making us coffee. It was hard to know what he felt or what he was thinking with his completely neutral expression.

The door wide open and Jess came in catching her breath. She looked like she just came from running at a marathon.

"Where is she? I need to tell that girl how she almost gave me a heart attack. Emma?" She yelled.

Xavier stood up and Jessica stopped abruptly realizing we've company.

"I'm Xavier Hardman" he introduced himself

"I know you Mr. Hardman. I'm Jessica Daniels"

"Aren't you the writer who writ-"

"Yeah. I've written alot of articles about you. I'm glad to meet you in person"

"I'm sorry I haven't read all your articles but I got across one recently and it was really worth giving my time. It refreshing to read something about me which isn't a gossip."

"I'm just much of a gossip person anyway. I like your work and things you've done for the society. It's appreciated"

"Thank you. It was nice meeting you Ms. Daniels"