chapter 21⌛

(Don't play the song yet.)

Sean's pov~

We were on the bed with (Y/n) cuddling. It was night. The rain hadn't stopped at all. I kissed her forehead and she smiled and pecked my lips. I smiled back and she closed her eyes and so did I. We fell asleep after a while in each other's arms.

{Time skip}

Your pov~

It's been a couple of days. The barrier is built and the rain hasn't stopped at all.

Sean and I were still at Brook's as we couldn't leave. We sat all of us on the couch and turned on the TV on the news.

"The barrier is completely built up but there is the danger of flood. Please stay in your houses and protect yourselves."

"Great news!" Sean joked and I sighed. Sean came at me and hugged me. I hugged him back. "Everything is going to be ok! The barrier is too tall!"

"First of all, the lake is destroyed and second of all, what if it overflows?" I asked.

"I'm here! I will always be! Till the last second!" Sean said. I pulled away and smiled at him and kissed him. He kissed back.

"I love you so much, Sean!" I said once we pulled away.

"I love you too, (Y/n). And I wanted to ask you something. I know it's not something fancy-" I cut him off.

"I don't like fancy things that much!" I smiled and he did as well and continued.

"And I have no ring-"

"I don't- wait what?"

"(Y/n), when this fucking rain finally stops... will you marry me?" He asked. This words kept playing in my mind as I starred at him eyes and mouth widened in shock. I looked at Brook and Mark with that shocked gaze that I had.

"SAY YES!!" Brook mouthed at me. I looked at Sean.

"I-i... uh... Y-yes... Yes!" I said and smiled at the last 'yes' I said. Sean smiled as well and picked me up and spined me around. I giggled and kissed him. He put me down and kissed me as well.

"DOUBLE MARRIAGE!!" Brook yelled and I pulled away and looked at her puzzled. She showed her hand to me. She had a ring. I looked at them and started jumping up and down screaming! Then, I hugged both of them!

"I need to call my mom!!" I grabbed my phone and dailed my mom's number. She leaves in another town. I came here for college.

"Hello?"

"Hey mom! I have news!"

"(Y/n), honey! I'm so worried about you! Are you ok? Is the barrier fin-"

"Mom, I'm fine and yes, the barrier is fine! Listen to me!"

"Ok, tell me!"

"I'm engaged!!"

"What?! When?! How?! With whom?!"

"I'm engaged! Now! Like everyone is getting engaged but without a ring! With Sean William Mclouglin, a handsome guy from college!"

"I didn't know anything about him."

"Well, now you know!"

"I'm so happy for you!! But now I have to go, honey!"

"Ok! I'll talk to you later, mom! Bye!"

I ended the call!

"Done!" I giggled.

{Time skip-a week later}

(Now play the song. But first see what the video says at the start and then continue reading the story...)

"The barrier is almost overflowed. A lot of residents have left their houses and a lot of them even the town."

I turned off the TV. We are so done. We should leave. But we had nowhere to go and no way to go. I put my head in my hands.

"OPEN THE TV!" I heard Sean yelling and footsteps coming. I opened the TV.

"The barrier has overflowed. Water is everywhere. People die, houses destroy..."

I looked at Sean, hugged him tightly and started crying.

"No.. i don't wanna die. Sean, I want to be with you.. I want to marry you.. I have future.. We have future.. All of us..."

Sean pulled away and looked at me with tears in his eyes.

"Sean..."

He kissed me and I kissed back. I heard a loud noise. Like water breaking the wall. And that's exactly what it was. I heard screams from Brook but Sean grabbed my cheecks and wouldn't let go from the kiss. I started crying harder. The water hit my back and Sean let go as the water took him away from me.

I love you, Sean.

Sean's pov~

I love you, (Y/n).