Chapter 27

"You look the part!" Calum laughed.

"Thanks.I heard them announce Baileys name so I covered up the cameras in my room and chucked on the dress."

"How do you know where the cameras are?" He asked.

"I spent hours looking for them the first time I tried to escape alone," I answered remembering back to the first time I tried escaping and how far I came.

I didn't know a whole lot about the place then but now I knew a lot more. I knew my previous plan wouldn't work. At all.

"Let's go," Calum said as we began to walk separate ways down the corridor to the dining hall from the RC room.

The girls were waiting a while and then coming to the dining hall ready to start the plan. This was it. We were going to escape.

As I began down the corridor I kept my head down so the cameras couldn't see my face. I didn't want them to recognise me. That would spoil the plan all together.

I headed down and made my way to the dining hall. Once there I waited outside continuing to look at the floor.

I entered on command and went and sat down.

This experience would be a lot different to all of the other meals I had here. Calum then came and sat down opposite me at the table.

"Ready Bailey number two?" He asked.

"You bet," I whispered."just extremely nervous"

"Why are you nervous? There isn't a flaw in our plan - what could go wrong honestly?"

"What if they catch us!" I shout whispered.

"They won't - there's more of us! We just have to keep running no matter what. And keep this between you and me- if you stay in the middle of the crowd you are less likely to get caught first. They will grab the girls on the outside."

As evil and selfish at this sounded, he had a really good point. If we were all running in a big group and the boys tried to grab us they would grab the outside ones first. He was right.

Suddenly startling me out of my thoughts the girls entry door knocked. Me and Calum exchanged looks realising this was the girls.

Another knock sounded.

"3,2," Calum counted. We waited for the final knock and prepared to run. "1, go"

Quickly all of the girls flooded the room. All holding their dresses and running. Me and Calum leapt up from our chairs and mingled into the group.

We headed straight for the door and ran as fast as we could.

"Keep going girls!" Sarah shouted.

We began up the flights of stairs. As we ran up I focused on getting into the middle of the group as Calum said. That way I knew I would be safe.

I dropped back a little and soon found myself engulfed.

After about six flights of stairs we began to slow down and pant at the same time as desperately running - literally for our lives.

"Come on!" Sarah yelled from the back of the group encouraging us.

Carmen was leading along with kira while Sarah was at the back. Everyone else mingled in the middle together.

We kept going up the stairs. Running and desperately catching our breathe.

"The end is in sight!" Carmen shouted as we reached the final flight of stairs.

We gained speed and began to head through the tunnel. Once in the building that was where things began to get dangerous.

I began to lose my breath. I was struggling to breathe as we continued to run quickly.

"It's ok," Calum looked at me. "In through your nose out through your mouth," Calum said as he grabbed my hand.

We ran together all the way into the building. We ran past the lockers and into the accommodation area.

"Take a right!" Calum shouted. We all turned and began running down the corridor.

The next minute or so happened extremely quickly.

We began down the corridor and I still held tight to Calum's hand. I heard kira at the front of the group shout something. It wasn't until the second time I realised what she said.

"Craig!" She yelled. I looked through the crowd as we continued to run towards him. I saw him looking angry as ever charging towards the group.

I knew for me, the escape was over.

"Ellie! Kim!" He yelled. He was coming for me.

"Hide," Calum whispered. Everyone gathered around me as we continued to run.

Craig pushed his way into the group and immediately spotted me.

"How dare you?" He yelled as he grabbed me and threw me to the floor.

"Calum!" I shouted but my vision began going blurry. The rest of the group had now ran past me and I was left alone with Craig.

"I'll save you!" I heard Calum yell. Then I saw him follow the rest of the group.

I lay on the floor ready for the pain that was coming my way.

"I can't believe you!" He yelled as he kicked me.

All I could think was everybody else was free. Nobody tried to help me. They were all just out for themselves at the end of the day.

And now I was completely alone. Trapped.

My head hurt along with my body. Craig continued to shout things but it made no sense to me - it just came out jumbled.

I couldn't focus so I shut my eyes.

I couldn't remember anything after that.

So close yet so far.