Chapter 26

"We did it guys! Bailey is out!"

All of the girls were sat silently in the RC room. We didn't know what to do or say we just hoped Calum would return with good news. We needed a way out.

All of us had discussed what we remembered about our lives outside of here but all of us only remembered it vaguely. It was kind of sad that we had spent so many years of our lives having ups and downs, achieving and learning and quickly it all disappears without the bat of an eye. So much work gone down the drain with minimal recollection of it at all.

One thing I did remember was my favourite saying "learn from yesterday, but live for today." I always stood by it. Nowadays I couldn't. I couldn't learn from yesterday because my yesteryears were not in my memory. I tried so hard but I could only remember certain things.

It was a hard life when you couldn't even remember what your mom looked like.

Bailey had gone a few hours ago to the dining hall with Calum and they were planning there escape route and putting it in place. The girls and I also had our stage two if stage one worked out.

We all just patiently sat and waited. That was until Calum came bursting in.

"We did it guys!" He laughed and smiled. One of the only genuine smiles I had seen.

"So how do we escape?" I signed.

"Okay," he signed. "When we had the fire we went up the staircases and through the tunnel into the building right? You go into the accommodation zone the take a right in that corridor. Follow through to the kitchen then straight down the middle and out the back door. That's where they bring in food and goods. I knew there would be an exit."

"And the kitchen staff?" I asked.

"They don't care. They don't know what goes on behind closed doors. They could be making meals for physcos for all they know!"

"They are," I muttered.

"Anyway, we have the plan now it's up to you to get out. I instructed Bailey to either find a road or a river and follow it back to civilisation. Once across that barrier she will help police find us so even if you don't escape I'm sure it won't be long."

"Ok, but you are involved in our next stage of the plan," Sarah said.

"I am?" He asked. "Haven't I done enough already?"

"You and Bailey number two are going for your meal tomorrow and whilst in there we are going to all raid the room. You need to act as though you are trying to push us back but it doesn't work so sneakily follow the crowd. We will follow the path and you can help show us where to go," Sarah explained.

"Ok if I have to," he sighed.

"Come on, you want to get out of here too don't you?" I asked.

"I suppose, but who is Bailey number two?" He asked.

"I'm Bailey number two," I smirked. "Yeah I stole one of her dresses from her room and I'm going to disguise as her!" I replied.

"You look nothing like Bailey!" He laughed.

"Hey, I'm the closest out of everyone!"

"Please return to room for lights out," the voice echoed.

We didn't realise quite how long we had been talking but it turned out we only had ten minutes until lights out. This meant all of us had to go back to our rooms and ponder on tomorrow's events.

As I lay in bed I thought about our plan. This could potentially have been my last night in that bed and room. Bailey was free now. At this moment in time the thought scared me a little.

Small pretty Bailey walking through a forest or a desolate area alone at night.

I feared for her. However putting it into context I would fear more for her if she was in here.

I tried to put the thought out of my mind. What was the worst that could happen - she gets bitten by a fox? I hoped so because I didn't want her getting kidnapped.

At home I would have thought there were minimal chances of that. Now I looked at that differently.

I looked at the whole word differently. You could be kidnapped and it could lead to many scenarios. Mine in particular I was made info a human doll. We were here to be perfect girls.