Chapter 11

Escape plan stage 1-

To plot my plan successfully I needed some privacy. This meant covering all the cameras I could find in my room.

They were cleverly hidden so I had to search every inch of the room.

I began with the back wall. Next to the window I spotted a small black spot. It was probably about the size of a penny but was camouflaged well, I figured the rest would be hard to find.

I needed a way to cover the camera because I couldn't have them seeing me. I searched my room for tape or something I could stick to the wall. I couldn't hang something over it because it was flat in my wall.

I quickly came up with a clever idea. I searched through my makeup draw for something dark. Obviously all of my makeup was black so I looked for the thickest substance. I figured eyeliner would take too long so I grabbed a matte black nail polish.

I clambered onto the bed desperate to reach the camera. I just about reached it and began to paint the lens in the thick black nail polish. I tried one coat but I could still see the camera. I painted on a few coats until the nail varnish was a thickly coated over and the camera was no longer visible. I remembered they had given me a nail varnish hardener which was perfect. I sprayed it over the lens and gently touched the patch. It was perfect.

No one could see the camera and no one could see me, perfect. I just needed to find the rest of them.

I continued to search the back wall and couldn't find any. I moved onto the wardrobe. I found one on the top blended in with the colour of the wardrobe. It wasn't visible to the human eye unless you looked closely enough.  I did the same process as I had done previously until no one could view me through the camera.

I opened the door to discover one on the top of the door. Once again I coated it in the thick nail polish until it was invisible.

I searched the whole room and found about 13 cameras in total. All of them were coated in black and completely view less. No one on the other side could see me.

For the first time in a while I felt safe. I felt like I had a bit more freedom.

I had a flashback. Being home alone dancing around my room to my booming music. I would play my speaker so loud and fly about my room. I used to love dance.

I had a vague memory of my life once again. I was hoping this would further increase again.

I slipped off my shoes and felt the carpet between my toes. It wasn't as soft as before and the room didn't feel as cosy and "roomy" as before but it did  feel more free. Finally.

I danced around my room. I was delighted with the feeling no one could see me. I jumped around on the bed having more fun than I had in weeks. I felt like I was five again, but I couldn't remember feeling five.

I couldn't remember a lot.

I looked at my clock and realised the time. It was almost time for lights out.

I went to bed smiling knowing the fact that in just a few days I would be free. I could see my mom, Tommy and even get my life back. The life I can't remember.

I snuggled into the black duvet. One of the benefits of it being black was it was warmer.

I felt like I could spread out in the bed and sleep properly. I knew I wasn't being watched and no one was on the other side of the camera judging me. I lay out like a starfish and kept smiling at the fact that stage one of the plan had gone well. Now I just needed to get out.

-

I woke up snuggled in my bed. I had an awful burning sensation on my back. It stung but I couldn't remember injuring it the night before.

I rolled over only to feel more pain in my back. I gently touched my back and couldn't feel any injury only add to the burning sensation.

I hauled my self up and saw on my vanity was a card.

Don't try to disobey our rules. That's an obvious mistake.

Strike 2.

I knew what had happened. They had realised I had painted the cameras.

I ran to the mirror and twisted my body so I could see part of my back. I had another large black strike. That was what the burning sensation was.

I then looked at the cameras to realise the paint had disappeared and they were as visible as ever. Getting out of this place was going to be harder than I thought.