E i g h t

LAXUS

"Wow." (Y/n) whispered, staring at the scenery around her astonished. The village wasn't the same poor lifeless place we had seen when we came. It was now decorated with flowers and beautiful mosaics of past monarchs that had to be over hundreds of years old. Every road in the village led to a stone town square. Lighter stones created a pattern of the sun, the same pattern seen at every turn in the village.

(A/N: So a lot of this scene is inspired by the Kingdom Dance scene from one of my favorite Disney movies Tangled :) I imagine reader-chan like Rapunzel during the next scenes with how curious and happy she is... it's sort of hard for me to write out this scene the way I want to portray it so I'm just gonna leave a link to a video of the Kingdom Dance scene and you can watch it before or after reading what I write so you can have a much better idea of what the scene is <3 Okay back to the story!)

"C'mon Laxus, let's go explore!" (Y/n) grinned childishly and pulled me along by my hand. The day consisted of us chatting with villagers, buying various souvenirs from the merchants, stealing cupcakes and hiding from guards, and (y/n) dragging me to the library against my will and forcing me to search through ancient books and maps; I didn't mind it though, it was amazing seeing the naïve wonder on her face again... she had lost that after I broke her heart when we were teenagers. I'll always regret taking her childish innocence and ignorance away from her. But tonight, both her and I were able to put all that behind us and enjoy the night together.

At one point (y/n) had bought a ton of street chalk from a vender in the village. The second she spotted it her eyes lit up and a light bulb appeared above her head. She bought it and ran towards the town square, attracting the attention of the villagers. They watched her curiously as she took out purple and yellow chalk and began to color in the sun design in the Town Square. I smirked as I watched her work, her tongue sticking out and grazing her top lip as she focused intently on her coloring.

Of course, she inspired others to join in and help her. She turned around and glared playfully at me.

I raised an eyebrow at her, "What do you want this time, shorty?"

She furrowed her eyebrows and threw a piece of chalk at me. "It ain't gonna paint itself, blondie." Our names for each other stopped being insults at some point and became playful nicknames instead.

Once we finished, she stood and grinned proudly at the design in front of her. It looked absolutely gorgeous, but I was more mesmerized by her beauty than the village's.

 It looked absolutely gorgeous, but I was more mesmerized by her beauty than the village's

* * *

I turned around to give (y/n) a cookie I bought her, but she was gone. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked around for her, to spot her smiling and laughing with a group of musicians in the middle of the Town Square. She grabbed Mae from her mother and brought her to the center of the sun, dancing with her.

She grabbed more and more people until there was a group of them dancing around the design of the sun with their hands clapping in the air. She, of course, was in the center of them all, her purple dress spinning around her.

She spotted me staring at her and held out her hand with kind eyes, asking me to dance

She spotted me staring at her and held out her hand with kind eyes, asking me to dance. I shook my head no with a small smile, but suddenly a village woman grabbed my hand and pulled me into the dance. (Y/n) laughed and continued to dance with various villagers.

Eventually, near the end of the song (y/n) and I made our way towards each other outstretching our hands out when suddenly two villagers grabbed us and pulled us away from each other, once again. We kept our eyes on each other until the large crowd separated us.

Once I could see her again, I watched her as she danced by herself, twirling in circles with her feet touching the floor on the beat of the music. She shut her eyes as she spun, completely in her own world. Her (h/c) hair twisted around her along with her dress. I couldn't move, I was shocked by how stunning my childhood best friend had grown to be.

 I couldn't move, I was shocked by how stunning my childhood best friend had grown to be

Just as the song ended, (y/n) and I were thrown towards each other. We grabbed one another, holding hands while my other one laid on her waist and hers around my neck.

She looked at me shocked before smiling her signature (y/n) smile.

Around us, the villagers released flying lanterns in the sky, mimicking stars that had fallen down to Earthland.

We both leaned towards each other until our noses touched. She made the final move and closed the gap between us, pressing her mouth against mine. I kissed back and smiled against her lips.

Finally.

(Y/N)

A tear slipped down my cheek as I pulled away from Laxus. His face contorted to worry when he saw my eyes pool with tears.

(Y/n), what's wrong?" He cupped my cheek with his hand and wiped my tears away.

"They're happy tears, Laxus." I laughed, putting my hand on top of his. "I missed you so much... I thought I lost you forever."

"You never lost me, (y/n), I didn't mean what I said; I loved you. I never stopped loving you. I dated you because I loved you, not for the silly reasons I made up as an excuse back then. I regret leaving you, (y/n). I'm so sorry, please forgive me." Laxus stared into my eyes pleadingly.

"I already have." I smiled toothily and kissed him again.

And I swear, the stars shone brighter that night than they ever had before.