E i g h t e e n

(Y/N)

I opened my eyes and squinted at the bright lights overhead. I blinked a couple times before my pupils adjusted. I slowly sat up, my magic energy had returned to my body but I was still a little sore.

"(Y/n), you're awake." Mirajane smiled sweetly down at me.

"Hey..." I waved weakly and turned around to see the battle still raging on outside the guild window. "What did I miss?"

Mira laughed. "Always so quick to get back into the action. Well, long story short, three of the members of the Element Four are down. Gray defeated the Rain Woman Juvia, Natsu defeated Totomaru, and Elfman- well he saved me and defeated Sol!" She grinned widely. "He used a Full-Body Take Over and didn't loose control!"

"Wow..." I smiled at the ground, proud of him. I always knew he had potential; soon he'd grow to be just as strong as Mira once was. I only wish Mira would fight again, she was an amazing wizard and her magic was truly something to see. "What about the fourth member?" I questioned after a short pause.

Mira's smile faltered. "Well, I guess Natsu's fighting him. He's the only one who hasn't returned here."

My eyes widened and I shot up out of the infirmary bed. "He just fought one member of the Element Four, he can't take on another! I have to go help him defeat Aria." I started walking out of the guild when Mira grabbed my wrists and gently pulled me back.

"(Y/n), you've done enough. You already saved us all by withstanding Jupiter's blow." Mira tried to get me to sit back down, glancing at my wounds to see how much they healed.

"I feel fine! I can fight, I can't just sit here and-"

"You're still as stubborn as ever (y/n)." A voice interrupted. I turned to see Erza standing in the entrance with a small smirk.

"Erza!"

"Mira, I'll accompany her to defeat Aria

"Mira, I'll accompany her to defeat Aria. Just like old times, right (y/n)?" Erza turned her gaze to me; obviously referring to when we would take quests together once we had matured out of our rivalry. She became my new partner after Laxus had left me.

"Just like old times." I repeated and held out my hand to her. She held out hers, and we intertwined pinkies. Erza and I had made that tradition years ago, right before we went to fight alongside each other we'd make a pinky promise. It was an unspoken agreement that neither of us would fall in battle.

 It was an unspoken agreement that neither of us would fall in battle