T w o

(Y/N)

"Laxus! Wait for me!" I yelled, rushing towards the door of the guilds after him.

He looked back at me then smirked. "You really think I'd leave without you, sunshine?"

My eyes widened a bit in shock at his pet name, but I giggled and gave him a bright grin.

"C'mon, I have a gift for you at the river." He returned my smile with loving eyes.

We walked in comforting silence to a peaceful river in the East Forest.

Laxus and I had claimed the area as our own to train or just hang out and talk

Laxus and I had claimed the area as our own to train or just hang out and talk. When we were little we would constantly fight at the guild just like Natsu and Gray, and when we were kicked out we would fight at the river instead. Now, as teenagers, we just hang out and train there.

"Shut your eyes. I have a surprise." Laxus ordered as we sat down at the bank of the river in a pasture of new spring flowers.

"Sir yes sir!" I responded with a playful tone, obeying him and closing my eyes.

He chuckled. "Hold out your hands." Again, I obeyed. I felt something fall into my hands. I opened my eyes and saw an amulet sitting in my palm. It was a golden chain with a deep purple gem attached that looked like it could hold the key to the galaxy.

"It was my mother's..." Laxus murmured. "I thought you'd enjoy it, it reminded me of you." He blushed; he was always shy with sentimental things like this.

I smiled and placed the amulet around my neck. "Thank you..." I stood up and tackled him into a hug. "Thank you so much Laxus it's beautiful!"

He picked me up as we hugged and spun me around. I laughed blissfully as a spun feeling like I was the happiest girl alive. Laxus placed me down and I stared deep into his eyes for a moment as he did mine, before we both leaned in and our lips touched. I smiled into the kiss as we pulled away and laid our foreheads against each other's, both feeling euphoric.

It had been a couple months into us dating when he began acting strange...

I followed Laxus as he walked out of the guild towards the direction of the river. I grabbed Laxus' hand as he stormed away. "Laxus... please, tell me what's wrong. I care about you..."

"Let go of me." He growled, ripping his arm away from my grasp.

"Laxus... is this about your father?" I questioned.

He froze for a moment. Then suddenly he violently pushed me against the wall of a building, pinning my arms to my sides. "How do you know about that?!"

"Laxus I know you're upset over Ivan since he is your father but... he deserved it. He deserved to be excommunicated you know what he did was wro-"