T w e n t y F i v e

I'm so so so sorry for how long it's been. I've been incredibly busy with schoolwork and extracurriculars. I recently got cast as a lead in my school play (I'm Bianca in The Taming of The Shrew!) and I also figure skate so I've been at practice a ton and on top of that I'm a junior in high school so that means lots and lots of homework and studying for SATs and ACTs and all that fun stuff. But that's no excuse, enjoy this chapter minna-san!! <3

(Y/N)

I stood outside the cathedral for what felt like days, staring at the intricately carved patterns on the grand wooden doors. Laxus felt miles away, yet he was just beyond the door.

I could sense his immense magic power from out here. It felt dark, yet a glimmer of Makarov's light shone through it. No... not Makarov's light, Laxus' light.

Laxus' childhood must've been hard for him. Always being told you had to live up to your namesake and be a prodigy, yet always feeling like you were in the shadow of your predecessors and you could never catch up with them.

I could also feel Mystogan's strange, otherworldly power. It felt so strange; his magic was something completely different from anything I'd sensed before. Along with his looking identical to Siegrain, or should I say Jellal, there was definitely some complex mystery surrounding him.

I walked in then, deciding to set my hesitations and fears aside for the greater good of protecting the guild.

Laxus froze when he saw me, and Mystogan turned his face towards me as well. They both looked a little beat up from their fight. Laxus quickly regained his composure and a sadistic smirk crossed his features. "Ah, (y/n) decided to join the party. I should've known a simple sleeping spell wouldn't keep you out of the game this long. You just can't resis-"

 You just can't resis-"

"Shut the fuck up." I snapped. Laxus' mouth closed shut and his eyes widened.

Then his features darkened. "You have quite the attitude, princess."

"I'm not dealing with your bullshit, Laxus. You've gone far enough, I swear to God I'll stop you in your tracks right now." I growled.

Laxus' eyes narrowed and his visage contorted to that of fury. "Don't you want the guild to be strong, (y/n)?! You always go on and on about protecting and making the guild stronger! I thought you'd be on my side!"

"Laxus... you're the only one I never wanted to fight. I lo-... you know why. I know you know why. But there's no way in hell I'd go against my family. Not even for you." I replied, holding back tears that threatened to fall.

"Then you're my enemy." He simply responded.

I knew I couldn't defeat Laxus, my heart and my love for him simply wouldn't allow me to. But I hoped I could occupy him with Mystogan's help for long enough until help arrived.