F o u r t e e n

(Y/N)

I hummed to myself as I walked through the Magnolia streets happily. I had just returned from spending a night in Hargeon for a small job that consisted of catching a gang leader who had been harassing shop owners and robbing them. It was quick and easy money to go towards my rent.

However, as I walked through town I noticed people staring at me pitifully. I furrowed my eyebrows at their comments.

"She's that Fairy Tail girl..."

"Do you think she knows?"

"I don't think so, poor girl. I feel so bad for Fairy Tail."

I was about to ask them what had happened but then I noticed the Fairy Tail guild in the horizon. I squinted my eyes, noticing the guild looked like it had... poles stuck in it? I began to speed walk and as I got closer and was able to make out what exactly had happened my eyes widened and I sprinted.

I stood right at the doorstep, staring up at the guild, my home for countless years. "No..." I gasped to myself.

The guild was completely destroyed. There were metal rods sticking out of it that had created holes in the wood exterior of the guild. Chunks of wood poked out of the walls awkwardly. Where the word 'Tail' once was there lay a hole, and the letters from 'Fairy' teetered sadly off the golden sign.

 Where the word 'Tail' once was there lay a hole, and the letters from 'Fairy' teetered sadly off the golden sign

Judging by the iron rods, Black Steel Gajeel must have been behind the attack. He was Phantom Lord's Iron Dragon Slayer.

"(Y/n)..." I heard a soft voice call out. I looked back at the entrance of the guild to see Mira standing there with her fist to her heart. She looked at the ground as her eyes pooled with tears. "Follow me." She whispered solemnly before I could respond.

I obeyed and followed her as she led me to the basement. Walking through the rubble that was once my home angered me even further.

"What the hell happened?" I growled the second I reached the basement and saw the defeated faces of my family.

"It was Phantom Lord. They attacked in the middle of the night." Mirajane replied with tears running down her cheeks.

" Mirajane replied with tears running down her cheeks