T w e n t y

LUCY

"Listen up, everyone! We're taking on job requests again starting today! You'll have to excuse the mess while we're under construction, but at least you can get back to work!" Mira announced joyfully.

Everyone cheered and began to surround the request board excitedly.

"What's up with them? Usually all they do is loaf around the guild hall all day." I raised an eyebrow at the crowd.

Mira giggled in response and we continued to chat happily. The rare relaxed feel of the guild was nice after the war that had just occurred. It didn't last long, however.

"Why don't you tell the others how you feel?" Erza snarled. Everyone went silent at her commanding voice.

Gray, who was standing next to her, backed away cautiously.

"What's going on?" I turned to Cana with furrowed eyebrows

"What's going on?" I turned to Cana with furrowed eyebrows. She simply shrugged her shoulders and looked back at Erza.

"I have no problem telling 'em what I think of 'em. Let's make things nice and clear, this guilds full of nothing but losers and weaklings! Especially you two morons." Laxus turned back to glance at Jet and Droy. They tensed as Laxus' glower fell on them.

"You were Phantom's personal punching bags!" Laxus chuckled amusedly. "You know, I'm glad I never bothered to learn your names."

"Which brings me to the worst of them all, the rich little princess wanna-be wizard!" He turned his pointed glare to me with a cocky grin. "It was your fault-"

"Laxus!" Mira interrupted with an uncharacteristically angry voice. "Would you shut up? It's over now; we're not playing the blame game. Master said no one in the guild was to be held accountable for what happened, not even you. Despite the fact I begged you to come help and you turned your back on us!"

"Oh, stop your whining." Laxus roared. "That fight was none of my business, it had nothing to do with me! But if I had been there you wouldn't be drowning your sorrows in this pile of rubble right now!"

"Why you-" Erza growled.

"I've heard enough outta you!" Natsu bellowed as he ran towards Laxus. Just as he swung his fist to hit Laxus, Laxus disappeared in a crackle on lightning. He reappeared a couple feet behind Natsu.

He's strong... I thought to myself with a gasp.

"C'mon Laxus, fight me you heartless coward!" Natsu glared at Laxus with a shaking fist.

"How do you expect to fight me when you can't even touch me you dimwit!" Laxus cackled. "Man, I can't wait to inherit this place and kick all you wimps to the curb. Your days in Fairy Tail are numbered, kids! Things are gonna be a whole lot different around here, so I guess you losers are gonna have to find a new place to hang out."