In an Endless Sea [Chapter I: LEO]

Chapter I:

LEO

Since I left Ogygia everything that happened there felt like a dream, my memories with Calypso became fuzzy. It became unreal.

The only reminders to me that she was real were the crystal I asked from her, the fireproof clothes she gave me, and the fireproof pouch I asked her to make for my friend, Frank.

I spent an awful lot of time in the helm because I don't want the others seeing how miserable I was after I came back after I was tossed in the ocean by that Snow goddess brat, Khione.

"Hey man, want to talk it out?" I didn't realize I was so deep in my thoughts that I didn't notice Jason beside me.

"Talk what out?" I tried faking a smile which I'm really good at but this time I failed.

Looking at Jason's eyes I know he knows that there's something wrong with me. He was my best friend after all. Or at least that's what the mist made me see.

"Look, man, you know you can trust me." Jason looked at me intently that I couldn't bear lying to him.

"I was in Ogygia." I started talking while looking far to the horizon.

"Ogygia? Oh.. Go on." He said rolling his hand signaling me to continue the story.

"There I met Calypso." I don't know how to continue what I was saying when my memory is not even cooperating.

"The goddess that was punished by the gods because of helping the titans?" Jason asked as if remembering the story we heard in camp half blood.

I nodded. I closed my eyes and tried to remember everything.

I told him everything Calypso and I have shared, the appearance of Gaea from the sand and telling Calypso to kill me, the way Calypso helped me with building my GPS and how the magic raft appeared to the shore even the kiss we shared before I left.

"I swore on the River Styx that I'd come back for her, assuming that we succeed on this quest and don't die." I can feel a lump forming in my throat.

"Why'd you choose to come back? You could've stayed there dude." I looked at Jason and I saw the same serious expression on his face. I know he wasn't kidding.

"Stay there and what, leave you on this quest? You're the closest to family I've ever had. Festus, you, Piper, Percy, Annabeth, Hazel, Frank, Nico and that blood thirsty Satyr, Coach Hedge. I can't just leave you. Besides if you fail it won't be good for Calypso and me to be ruled by that dirt face. At least if I die on this quest I know I tried to make it a better place for her." That and of course I don't want to run from my responsibilities I'm already tired of that from running away from all the foster homes I've been in before I ended up in camp half blood.

Jason just patted my back and said nothing. I know he understand how I feel because that's exactly how he feel. He wants to succeed in this quest to make this a better place for Piper and him.

"Okay dude I love you but lay off the touchy part, It ruins my image." I tried to remove his hands but instead he hugged me tight.

I hugged him back. At least talking to Jason made me a feel a little better than keeping the thought to myself.

"You're not making this easy for me. I wanted some time alone. A little respect to Nico and Nico time please?" Nico talked and came out of the shadow.

This dude never fail to surprise me and not in a good way, really. I felt as if my heart is jumping out of my chest.

I just heard him sigh and went below deck.

"That dude is weird." I said underneath breaths because I was still trying to steady my breathing from the shock I got from the guy. I just looked at Jason and saw a smile on his face. Whatever he was thinking, I have no idea.