In an Endless Sea [Chapter XXXI: NICO]

Chapter XXXI

NICO

"Hey, mind if we talk for a while?" I didn't notice Reyna was standing behind me.

"Yeah, sure." I said and moved a little bit for her to have a better view of the sea.

"I can feel the tension inside so I walked out and decided to relax out here." She said.

Percy and Jason are having conflict inside.

Knowing Percy, he knows pretty much what to do. His decisions may be questionable but it always turns out to be the best solution.

Jason... He is a praetor, he knows what to do, no doubt, but he wants everyone to follow him.

They are both like their fathers.

Jason is like Zeus who knows what to do but sometimes he could be a little bossy and sometimes cruel.

Percy is like Poseidon. They are both like the sea. They don't want to be controlled. They do things on their own. They have their own flow.

That's the problem.

Their personalities are having a clash.

But I know they'll work it out. That's Percy. He can't stay mad at a friend.

I know that. I've betrayed him so many times but he never kept a grudge.

Maybe that's why I liked the guy.

I was snapped out of my thought when I heard Reyna's sigh.

She said she wanted to relax.

The sea is calm.

The night is quiet.

The place is nice.

It's very relaxing indeed.

But why is she....

Oh. Because I'm here.

She never liked me from the start.

She knew I was greek and of course I'm a child of Pluto.

What a great combination.

"You said you wanted to relax? And a child of Pluto is not doing you a favor, is he?" I asked.

She just looked at me.

Okay, this is a child of Bellona. War goddess.

She was staring at me.

I can't read her expression but maybe it says "Don't push it Di Angelo." I'm not so sure.

But she said nothing then she gave out another sigh before looking away.

"Is that what you really think?" She started talking.

"Yeah. I mean I'm a no good son of hades. I'm not doing anyone a favor." What I said is what I really feel.

I'm not good in battle. All I can do is shadow travel and I can't even finish my travel without collapsing.

I'm a son of one of the big three but I'm not a big three material.

"You helped us bring the Parthenos back. You helped us by summoning those Roman Soldiers. You helped them by bringing them to the mortal side of the doors of death." She enumerated everythig that I did on this quest.

"But it's not enough." Yes I did all of that but I still felt empty.

"Nico, you did more than enough. They couldn't have survived Tartarus without you. They could've died inside that elevator thing. You helped them get out. If that's not helping I don't know what is." I saw sincerity in her eyes and I can hear it in her voice.

"Thank you. At least someone appreciates my efforts." I thanked Reyna.

"So you like Jason?" I asked.

I don't know why that came out of my mouth, maybe I just don't want our conversation to end but I think I threw the wrong stone.

She was quiet for a little while then she gave out her signature sigh.

"Yeah. Or at least I used to." She said while looking at the sea.

The sea is beautiful.

Greece is just steps away.

We step off the ship and we're in Greece but I think looking at the sea from here is relaxing than being on land.

"So, you like someone else?" I don't know why I am interested to know.

"I used to like Percy too. But you know what they say, you can't have everything you want. I think I have to work on liking Octavian if I'm gonna be working with him." She gave out a bitter laugh.

"What?! Liking Octavian?! No. Reyna, that's criminal. You'll hate yourself in the process." Hearing those words from her made me hate Octavian.

"I see no other option, Nico." She said with a serious tone.

"I'm here. You can choose me. You can like a child of hades, can't you?" I said.

I was shocked by what I said.

Did I just volunteered myself to be her boyfriend?!

"What did you say ghost boy?" She asked.

I heard a death tone. She's gonna kill me.

Oh holy hades.

"Uhm, nothing. Just don't mind me." I said while waving my hand to dismiss the topic.

She started to walk away without looking back.

At the middle of the deck she stopped and turned towards me.

"I'll think about the offer, Nico. I'm not closing my doors. Thank you for today." I thought that she'd walk away after she said that but I was wrong.

Boy, I was so wrong.

She walked back to the same spot and cupped my face.

"You shouldn't be down because you are a son of Hades, Nico. I'm glad I've known you. You're better than you think you are and I can see that." She said in a very soft way.

It was almost a whisper but loud enough to be heard.

She did something I did not expect her to do.

She moved her face closer to me and gave me a soft peck on the lips.

I was shocked.

I did nothing.

I said nothing.

My mind went blank.

I was frozen.

I just watched her walk away.

============

A/N: Nico and Reyna's time to shine. :""> a blossoming relationship for them. Yeah! C'mon! XD alright, comment your thoughts please. Thank you. :**

~treshieyow<3:** xx