In an Endless Sea [Chapter XII: PERCY]

Chapter XII

PERCY

"Percy! Percy, wake up!" I heard Piper's voice. I didn't have the strength to disobey her voice.

I opened my eyes. I saw everyone is staring at me. I remembered what happened.

I felt my soul slowly drifting away from my body. It's as if I'm being dragged back to Tartarus.

But I wasn't the only one. Annabeth experienced it too.

"Where's Annabeth?" I looked around. I saw her looking at me. No words. Just a stare.

"Leo's in trouble." We said in unison.

We stood up and tried to open his cabin's door but it is locked.

"How could Leo be in trouble? He's fireproof and the fire didn't seem to burn the cabin or anything." Frank said as if it's a silly idea thinkin thay Leo is in trouble.

"Frank, that was Tartarus. He was with us on this ship. He took us back to Tartarus or at least made us feel back there or tried to take us back there. I don't know. But I'm sure Leo's in trouble." I said and used riptide to wreck the door.

"So that's what happened." Jason said. He was slowly realizing what just happened.

"Yeah. TARTARUS HAPPENED." Piper agreed.

"Yes. And by the way, thanks for bring him back, Piper." Annabeth said while looking at me.

"Back there, Tartarus tried to kill us himself. But our friends tried to hild him off. For us to be able to ride the doors of death to the mortal side and close it." I heard her voice faltered.

She was about to cry. Remembering how selflessly Bob the Titan and Damasen told us to go while they hold off Tartarus made me want to cry too.

"FRIENDS? IN TARTARUS? YOU HAD FRIENDS IN TARTARUS? HOW?" Piper asked with so much curiousity in her eyes.

"Bob. A titan. Iapetus. He bathe in the river of forgetfulness because of me. He forgot his identity. I made him believe he was on my side. But latter he learned that I just tricked him. But thanks to Nico, Bob still helped us. He lead us to the heart of Tartarus. to the doors of death. And I don't know if it was worth it." I tried holding up tears. Loyalty. That's my fatal flaw. Loyalty to my friends. I don't know if doing that was loyal. But I regret that. Bob should have seen the stars and the moon and the sun. He should've seen the world again. Also Damasen. They deserve to be here. They deserved to live.

I felt angry at Tartarus. I should've stayed awake and fought him here. I should've at least made Bob and Damasen's sacrifice worth it. I should've kill Tartarus.

"You couldn't have done it Percy. Don't be too hard on yourself." Annabeth said. we had been around each other long enough to know what each other thinks. She knows me too well.

"But I could've tried." I know I could've at least stood up againts Tartarus.

"You could've died. You could've left me alone. You could've broken your promise. Is that what you want Percy?!" Annabeth cried. I was such a jerk. I promised her we'll never be seperated again.

"I'm sorry. I won't leave you, Annie." I hugged her. I can feel her tears on my shoulder.

"Uhm, guys. I think you need to see this." Hazel's voice shouted from inside Leo cabin.

We made our way through the broken door.

"Where's Leo?!" Piper's eyes widened when she realized Leo was gone.

"No. This can't be happening." I tried to look for him inside his cabin but the cabin is too small there's no other place to look.

"Ohhh no." Jason looked terribly worried.

I mean we were all worried but he looked much more troubled than anyone. I know he's Leo's bestfried but it seems to be something else.

"Jason, what?" I asked him.

He looked at me and said.

"An oath to keep with a final breath.."

He recited the 3rd line of the prophecy.

==========

A/N: the end is near. :D lol. I've planned on how to end this. :))) just a little more. The feast of spes is coming woooh! Let's meet Gaea! :D byee. Share your thoughts. Comment below. :)

~treshieyow<3:*