Wolves

Wooooooooh boi-oh-boi. An update. Finally. It's been an actual month since I last updated and wow, sorry about that haa. Thank you to everyone who voted and or commented--this one's for you. 

WARNING EXPLICIT CONTENT AHEAD

********************************************************************

 Halia woke to an unmistakable prodding against her backside. Lazily blinking open groggy eyes she yawned and snuggled closer into her mate's warmth. Cade was curled tightly around her, one arm draped just beneath her breasts while the other was mushed under her head. She could feel his breath ruffling the short wisps of hair at her nape that had escaped their bun through the night. Or was it morning? She could never tell what time it was unless she actually went outside or asked Cade. Her internal clock still hadn't adjusted even after a solid month of cave-living. She'd finally gotten used to the perpetual dampness, though.

The silence of the room was broken only when a pair of orange eyes glinted in the dim light, bobbing closer with soft, nearly silent footfalls. If Halia was human she wouldn't have been alerted to the cat's approach until it was too late. Onna jumped onto the small bed at Halia's side and seemed to peer into her soul. Apparently not liking what she saw, her nose flared and she tried to paw at Cade's arm still secured over her middle.

The cat was jealous. Halia could empathize with her. She went from being the center of Cade's attention to still being the center of Cade's attention. His affection for the feline hadn't lessened since Halia arrived. The only difference now was that he had Halia's scent almost permanently attached to his body. She couldn't help rubbing herself against him from time to time. Alright, most of the time. But he never complained about her compulsive need to mark him. He just let it happen with easy, indulgent smiles and would offer his throat, knowing she loved that spot in particular.

Halia smoothed soft patterns into the skin of his forearm, languidly tracing relaxed muscles. Sleepy mutterings rumbled in his chest and he nuzzled into the crook of her neck. Onna glared at the fingers tracing over her master's skin and meowed in annoyance. Cade wasn't awake, not completely, but he hummed in appeasement and groped around the sheets to rub her head.

There was an indignant 'mrow' and a rough tongue swiped over his wrist before she jumped away from the huddled pair to dart from the room. Probably to monopolize her other favorite male. Cade didn't worry for her safety. It was known to everyone that if any harm came to Onna, he would bring the mountain down.

Eyes still shut he settled against Halia with a soft huff. The gentle lull of fingers trailing over his arm was coaxing him back to sleep...

"Hey," Cade grumbled quietly, lips quirking. "What are you doing?" His little wolf was grinding her rear into his lap and the rising bulge between them made him flush with warmth. On instinct the hand tucked over her belly slid to cup her hip, encouraging more of whatever she had planned. Halia purred as his fingers dug into her skin and wriggled harder against his length.

Groaning, he mouthed the curve of her neck and bit down lightly in warning. He didn't have to tell her what he was inclined to do when she could see it.

"You're getting better at this." Halia grinned at the flickering images in her mind and reached up to cup his cheek. "I'm so proud."

With a rumble of approval he slipped a finger under the thin material covering her sex and lightly tugged, the unasked question hovering between them. Halia pushed the garment down her legs and kicked it off to the side before turning to her mate with a crooked grin.

"Where should we start?"

It was a month since their first time together and Cade had become much more comfortable with their intimacy, trusting that he wouldn't hurt her and knowing she would stop him at any point if need be. That part was nonnegotiable. He'd sat her down and practically begged that she never place his well-being or desires above her own. She'd listened to him, not because she thought he was necessarily right (she would always act in his best interests) but because of how desperate he was. So scared to lose her because of something he did that he gave her an easy out at any point in time.