Unexpected: Chapter 1

THANK YOU TO @OoLittleMeOo for the cover!!!
*Not Edited*

Unexpected: Chapter 1

~Lucero's POV~

"Bye Stephen!" I yell to Stephen while grabbing my bag and swinging it over my shoulder.

"Bye Lucero. Thank you for volunteering today!" Stephen answered back with a wink. I shake my head and laugh slightly.

I volunteer here at 'Venus Hospital', along with Stephen who can't seem to get a hint. 

My phone buzzed indicating I got a text. I pull out my phone and see I got a text from Sarah, my best friend since freshman year of High School.

Sarah: *I'm coming over tomorrow*

Lucero: *K bring food Lol*

Sarah: *yep!! *

I put my phone back in my pocket and then I start walking again.

'I think I'll take the shortcut only for today' I mutter to myself. My feet were aching and I really wanted to get home and rest. My small house is about 15 minutes away walking and I really don't want to walk much. 

'Yea I'll take the shortcut' confirming to myself.

I walk out the hospital doors and onto the slightly busy streets. It won't be sundown for another hour so I walk there is still a lot of people out. 

I finally get under the freeway bridge and as almost reach the other side of the street I see something that catches my eyes, or more like someone.

I get closer to the person. He's young, around my age. I feel a sense of compassion start to form.

I step closer to him trying not to make a sound. I just can't leave him here. This town doesn't have too many homeless people. Its a small town and we have done pretty well in helping those who need it. I start to think of places I could offer this young man a place to stay. 

" Hey you okay?" I ask startling him. 

He looks up at me, first in fear then he looks at my eyes and seems to be lost in them... as weird as that sounds . I feel a sudden chill over my body and it isn't the wind.

Something in me was telling me he is special. Really special...

You're just imagining things Lucero.

I shake that thought out of my head and ask him again, "Are you okay?" 

His face goes back to a  bit of fear in his eyes, but he wasn't afraid of me. He was afraid of something else. 

I really didn't want to leave him here alone under the bridge at night.

"Come on. I'll take you to my house and you will get cleaned up alright?" I tell him and he looks at me in as if I was crazy.

"Come on. Its getting late" I rush him. Maybe I can give him a ride towards the community center right after. I did it once before, its really all about having trust in them as they do to you. I also have pepper spray with me along with a couple years of self defense classes.

He stands still with fear in his eyes. He also seems confused for some reason. The whole walk to my house was silent . He walked behind me all the way and never said a word.

I open the door to my small 2 room house and turn the lights on and let him step in. 
Once he is in he doesn't move, as if he was scared to do something wrong.

"How about u get a quick shower and put these sweats and this black T-shirt on afterward and I'll be here making you some food cause you must be starving!" I say giving him the clothes and a towel from the closet.

He looks a bit uncomfortable, but heads to the bathroom once I show him where it was. As soon as I hear the shower go on I start taking out ingredients to make a simple spaghetti.

I also start thinking of why I felt what I felt back there at the bridge. It was so weird. Its left me feeling different.  I also started to wonder why he is homeless. I mean he didn't look like he has been living in the streets for a while. 

I suddenly get the thought of my parents in my head. They would be happy that I was helping someone out. I shake the thought of my parents out of my head before I start crying and then I continue to finish up the spaghetti.

I hear footsteps coming towards the dining room and I look up to see him standing there with his dirty clothes folded and his hair a bit wet.
He looked really ....Hot?

No No stop thinking like that Lucero, what is up with you?

"I'll take these and you can sit here and I'll bring you the spaghetti " I tell him and he shakes his head in a nod but doesn't look at me.

Why was I feeling so interested in him?

I quickly put his clothes on the washer and and come back and serve him his food and I set it in front of him. I do the same for me and sit by him.

Its quiet for a moment .

" Do you want any water or anything??" I ask.

"yes please?"

I smile at him and see that his eyes are so hypnotizing .They are so.... Green. I grab him a glass of water and sit again.

"What's your name??" I ask him

"Xander"

"Nice! My name is Lucero." I say with a warming smile.

"Why are you doing this?"

" I couldn't just leave you there. I mean you are so young! I won't ask you why you are out there alone but I hope you can trust me soon enough to tell me. Let's just talk about this tomorrow alright? Maybe we can find you somewhere to stay tomorrow because as of now all the community centers are closed. Enjoy your food" I explain to him

He nods and finished his food.He stands up and goes to the sink and starts washing the plate.

" you don't have too..." I tell him

He shrugs and continues washing . I finish my food and walk to the sink and Xander takes my plate from my hands and starts to quickly wash it.

I knew he wasn't going to let me wash it, So I let him.

"So you'll sleep in this room and there is a new tooth brush in the bathroom when you need it and well, Goodnight!"I explain to Xander while showing him the room he will be staying in .

After I show him everything I head to my room and lay on the bed. I felt a sense of happiness for helping this man out, but I couldn't help but feel that he was someone interesting. 

~Xander's POV~

Why is she helping me??

Why do I feel that way about her when I don't even know her?

Most importantly, what is happening to me?