Chapter sixteen

Chapter sixteen

Rayne’s POV

I sat Tori down on my bed as she whimpered thrashing every now and then. Dean was on the phone with her cousin. “Yhea the doc gave her fake pills. He wants her there permentally.” I growled at the thought Tori screamed trying to get away from me. I grabbed both her hands and held them above her head and looked her square in the eyes. “Shh. Tori. It’s me angel.” I whispered. Something flashed in her eyes and she screamed. I kissed her forehead and looked at dean. “all I can do is hold her feet. We need to build a room for this type of situation.” He said as her cousin ran in a cooler in his hand. “I have what we need here.” he said pulling it out and getting the syringe ready. As Tori began crying. “no.” she whispered tears flowing freely. “Right now she thinks we are the enemy.” Dean explained to me I nodded and bit my lips. “Why isn’t this affecting me?” I asked Keith as dean inserted the syringe in Tori’s arm. “It’s strictly in her head.” He said as she calmed down her eyes closing. “Rayne.” She whispered. I knelt by her head as she passed out worried. “What’s wrong?” I asked. “she’s only sleeping.” Dean explained as he worked on getting the other medications in her body. He tossed me a pill bottle at a time. “Those are the meds she needs.  The only thing that was real of the others were her anxiety meds.” Dean told me I nodded and pushed the hair from her face. “Okay. When will she wake up?” I asked them. “Few hours.” Keith told me and arm around dean. “Look. This is going to happen so I’ll tell your father what will be needed.” I nodded and pulled Tori into my arms. “You’ll know what she saw in a few days. Her OCD makes her relive the thing in her head over and over until she’s drawn the entire ordeal. You never will know what you’re going to see.” Dean told me and placed notebook in front of me. “here are some of her drawings.” He said I thanked him  as he left.

Sitting beside Tori I looked at some her night mares and episodes. I froze at some of the more recent ones. I saw me laying on the ground throat slit. The page was tear stained. I saw Tori holding the bloody knife in the picture and close the notebook as she stirred. “Rayne?” her voice was shaky. “Hey angel.” I smiled at her. “Oh Rayne.” She cried wrapping her arms around me. “my notebook.” She grabbed it and a pencil from my table and began to draw frantically trying to get the picture on paper as fast as she could. “Get out of my head.” she cried drawing exactly what was in her head. “I’m going to get you some water.” I told her she nodded and I walked down stairs to tell everyone she was awake. “Sasha can I talk to you?” I asked her. she grabbed a water bottle and tossed me two and kept one for herself.

“So what is it your dying to know?” Sasha asked me. “Tori’s nightmares. What are they?” I asked her. “Rayne honey sit down.” she instructed. “Tori’s nightmares are her worst fears coming to play. And  the thing is they feel real to her. it’s why she wears a rubber band on her wrist in school. To keep her awake. And her episodes.  They can go on for immense amounts of time. one time it took the nurses at the asylum almost three days to find Tori. That was the night they learned the longer the episode goes on the more medication it takes to put her to sleep they had to strap her down to a metal table. she somehow found a way to escape from her straight jacket. She had bruises on her wrists till I left.”  Sasha had tears in her eyes. “The longer an episode goes on the longer it takes to recover. She is stronger and more determined to get to her safe place. Some place she knows only someone that she can trust with the world can find her. even I don’t know where that is.” Sasha laughed. “She’d do anything to get to you. in your arms. That is one of her safe places.” I smiled. “thanks.” I got up and she grabbed my arm. “Do not mention her multiple day episode it took her a long time just to get it on paper.” I nodded and walked to my room.

When I walked in Tori was flinching as she drew. “Are you done?” I asked her. “almost.” She whispered. I pulled it from her hands and placed it next to her. I kissed her deeply. “I don’t know what I’d do without you.” I told her handing the water bottle over. “I love you.” she told me and began to draw again. a few minutes later she put it beside her. “May I?” I asked her. she nodded and crawled on my lap. I saw her watching me get killed and then she got shot. “Rayne?” she whispered scared. “Yhea?” I asked pulling back to look at her. “Are you scared of me?” Tori looked frightened of the answer. “No. angel. I love you. and I will always protect you.” I promised. “My safe place is in your arms.” I told her she smiled. “That is my second safest place.” She told me I smiled and hugged her.