Chapter Twenty Seven

"Thanks for the ride." I smiled at V. "I'll facetime you later tonight."

"You better. Last time you made me wait 2 hours." he said before driving off.

I checked the mailbox before walking up the driveway, looks like Mary's not home, and onto the porch. I dug through my bag for my keys, hopefully I didn't forget them again. I once waited 4 hours outside before Henry finally came.

"Vi," a voice said scaring me causing my bag and all my items in it to fall on the ground. I quickly turned around to see Zayn. "Shit, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

"Zayn?" I asked suprrised. 

He smiled weakly, "Can I come in?" 

"Sure," I answered quickly picking up my keys and stuffing everything back into my bag. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to talk." he answered following me inside.

"So," I mumbled sitting down on the couch where he joined me. "What's on your mind?"

Zayn chuckled, "I'm pretty sure Tomina already told you but Gigi and I broke up."

"Yeah," I nodded awkwardly running my fingers through my hair. "Are you okay?"

"I guess so." he shrugged.

I didn't know what to say to him. I wanted to be there for him but I also knew that it wouldn't help me personally especially since I'm trying to get over him. I'm happy where I am now and I don't want this to ruin it. I was just getting over him and now that this has happened I don't know exactly how to deal with it.

"I'm really sorry about your break up. You must be heartbroken." I said patting him on the back. "If you need to talk I'm here."

He sighed, "I thought things were really going great but with her leaving back to Los Angeles it really took a toll on our relationship." he said leaning back against the couch. "I hate myself."

"For letting her go?"

"No, for breaking her heart." he mumbled looking up at the ceiling.

"Was it really that bad?"

Zayn looked down at me this time with tears in his eyes, "I had to tell her I didn't love her to her face. I had to watch her heart break in front of me. I felt so bad that I couldn't love her the way she loved me." he cried.

"Zayn-"

"The worst part was that she knew the whole time." he continued tears streaming down his face. "I feel like shit and I should."

I just stared at him, nothing was coming out. I was shocked. I've never seen him cry like this, to be honest it made my heart break to see him like this.

"It's not your fault you couldn't love her the same way," I managed to spit out. "It's horrible it really is and I know Gigi is really hurt but you can't help how you feel. You did the right thing by breaking up with her."

"Then why does it hurt so bad?"

I sighed, "Because you care about her. Yes, you broke her heart but you were honest and didn't end up playing her. The best thing you could have done was end it now rather than doing something stupid in the future."

"I do love her you know." he said wiping his tears away.

"Yeah, I know." I nodded.

He looked up at me, "That's not the only reason why we broke up."

Don't say it.

"I love you."

Fuck. He said it.