Chapter Fourteen

I watched as Zayn and Harry walked into the lunchroom together before they went their separate ways. Tomina was somewhat right about them not hanging out together as much, seems like Harry and Liam are the only ones that talk to him. Zayn took the seat next to me as usual and I couldn't help but notice how different everything was. 

"Do you miss them?" I asked catching Zayn by surprise. "Your friends...do you miss them?"

He shrugged, "Things changed, I outgrew a lot of things but I'm happy." he mumbled taking out his lunch. "Have you seen Tomina?"

"She's with Kai." I said pointing two tables over. Zayn rolled his eyes and pulled out his phone, I'm guessing to text her. "She's having a conversation with him, don't bother them. They're cute."

"No they're not." he chuckled. "She's in over her head."

I sighed, "You have got to let her have fun. Let her be."

"Yeah, let me be." Tomina said aggressively pulling out the seat across from us and sitting down. "You miss me that much?"

"No but my dad does. He keeps on asking when you'll come over again." he mumbled looking over at his best friend. "For some weird reason my parents enjoy talking to you."

She sighed, "I love your dad." she grinned leaning back against her seat. "He's perfect."

"When am I going to meet your family?" I asked without thinking. I hope I didn't come off weird. 

"Anytime." he answered. "They're an odd bunch but they'll love you."

Tomina nodded, "Especially since Zayn talks about you all the time." she teased making Zayn shake his head. 

"Whatever...Vi, your little guard dogs want you." Zayn muttered looking over at Luke's table. I turned around to see the guys staring over at us which usually means they need me over there. "Go ahead, we'll be fine here."

I got all my stuff and began walking over. I usually try to find time to spend with all of them equally but lately I've been having to go back and forth nonstop. I don't mind but sometimes it gets a little too overwhelming.

"Whats up?" I asked taking the empty seat between Ash and Michael.

Calum smiled, "You still on for the beach thing tonight?" he asked from across the table.

"I mean sure but wouldn't it be awkward?" I asked referring to the fact that Cal and Ash will be bringing their girlfriends.

"I mean Luke or Michael will tag along so it's not like you'll be a fifth wheel." Ashton said. "You have to come!"

Michael paused his game and looked up at us, "I'm not going." he mumbled before going back to his game. 

"Looks like it'll be Vi and Luke then." Calum grinned nudging Luke.

Luke rolled his eyes, "I know what you guys are trying to do..." he mumbled. "Vi, you don't have to go if you don't want to."

"Honestly, it sounds fun but if you don't want to go then I don't mind 5th wheeling." I answered looking over at him. 

Michael finally put down his phone, "I don't want to be the odd one out."

Luke rolled his eyes, "Michael there's going to be other people there." he said shaking his head.

"I don't like parties." Michael groaned. "There's a party every week. Why do we always have to go?"

"It's technically not a party, it's just a bunch of friends throwing a bonfire." I corrected making Michael roll his eyes. "You guys don't mind if I bring Zayn, right?"

They all looked at each other then Luke shook his head, "Bring him. Tell him to bring Tomina for Michael." Luke smiled.

The boys went on with their conversation as I began texting Zayn about tonight. He said he's be happy to come but he's having a hard time trying to convince Tomina to go with him. I was excited for tonight, it would be a good opportunity for the boys to get closer to Zayn. I don't expect them to become best friends but I hope they'll become more comfortable so it'd be easier for all of us to hang out. The bell rang interrupting my thoughts, I looked around to find Zayn so we could walk to art class. I found him waiting for me at the door.

"Hey," he smiled casually grabbing my hand, entwining our fingers. "So a bonfire?"

I nodded, "It'll be fun I promise." I said looking up at him. "You don't have to go but I'd really like it if you could come with me."

"I'll go for you but Tomina on the other hand will take a lot of convincing." Zayn chuckled leading us into the classroom. We took the seat in the back that used to be occupied by Niall and Zayn but Niall now sits at the front with Cody. "Don't worry I'll find a way to get her there."

"Don't you find it weird how we have the last 3 classes together?" I asked thinking out loud. "I never payed attention to it before but how lucky are we to have 4 out 6 classes together?"

Zayn grinned, "It's fate." he mumbled leaning back against his seat. "Is it ok if I come over after school?"

"Yeah that's fine." I answered remembering that the house will be empty today. "We could watch Netflix."

"Netflix and Chill." Zayn laughed making me roll my eyes. "What time do we have to be at the beach?"

I shrugged, "It's later on tonight so we can leave at like 7." 

We spent the rest of the day together basically and once school ended we went to my house. It wasn't the first time he was at my house but it was his first time at my house alone with me. The only boy I've ever had over when the house was empty was Luke but he's always over so it doesn't really count. 

"You hungry?" I asked leading him to the kitchen. 

Zayn shrugged, "No but can I get something to drink?"

"I have lemonade." I said pouring a glass for him and sliding them across the island to Zayn.

"Thanks." he smiled before downing the whole thing. "We have 4 hours to kill, what do you want to do?"

"Netflix remember." I answered grabbing his hand and pulling him up the stairs and into my room. 

Zayn laughed at my polka dot bed sheets. "You have such a cute room." he grinned sitting down on my bed. 

"Thanks." I smiled turning off the lights, getting my laptop and joining him on the bed. I pulled up Netflix on my laptop and turned to look up at him. "What do you want to watch?"

"Can we nap?" Zayn asked yawning. "I'm tired and I could use a nap."

I sighed, "Really?" I asked closing my laptop. "I mean we could."

"Perfect." Zayn smiled laying down. "You gonna join me?" he asked patting the space beside him.

"Sure." I said cuddling up beside him. "You smell good."

He chuckled, "Thanks, babe. You smell good too." 

"I'm excited about tonight. I really hope Tomina can come." I yawned turning my body to face Zayn.

"So what will happen if Mary or Henry opens the door and sees us like this?" he asked wrapping his arms around me and pulling me closer to him. "Will you get sent back to the states?"

I rolled my eyes, "No cause I already told them you're coming over." I answered looking at Zayn who was slowly falling asleep. "Sleep tight, Zaynie." I grinned giving him a small peck on the lips.

"See you in 4 hours." he mumbled as I placed my head on his chest and slowly drifted to sleep.