Chapter Twenty Three

"Wake up." a voice whispered shaking me. I opened my eyes expecting to see Henry but instead I see Tomina.

I groaned, "What time is it?" I asked pulling the covers over my head.

"It's 10:40." she answered pulling the bedsheets off of me.

"I have late start so this is the time usually I wake up so why aren't you at school?"

She laughed, "I have late start too I take morning classes at this local college for credit so from 9 to 11:30 I'm free." she said going through my closet and pulling out my uniform for me. Weird, usually she encourages me to not wear it, now that I'm fully awake I can see she also has her uniform on.

"You're wearing your uniform...this is so weird." I mumbled getting up and changing into my uniform. "So are you ready for school?"

"No when am I ever?" She scoffed taking at seat at the end of my bed.

I left to brush my teeth and came back to Tomina sprawled out on my bed going through my journals. Everytime she comes she always finds something new of mine to invade. I sat down at my vanity to put on my makeup with was nothing but doing my eyebrows and some eyeliner.

"How should I do my hair?" I asked turning around to look at her.

She rolled her eyes, "You're going to be there for like 2 hours, just wear it down. I'll 11:10 we should go anyways."

"You always do your hair nice though."

"I literally have two small shitty buns in my head that's it. It took me 5 minutes to do."

I smiled, "You did it because you were watching Sailor Moon again weren't you?" I didn't need to look at her to know the answer. "So, do you want to get breakfast?"

"I don't like breakfast foods unless it's hash browns." she answered making me laugh.

"You're so weird."

I went downstairs to say goodbye to Mary before leaving with Tomina. I checked my phone and to my suprise I actually got a text. It was from V.

"Why are you smiling so hard?" She asked nudging me. "What did V say?"

I rolled my eyes, "I could be texting my mom for all you know."

"No seriously what did he say?"

"He said good morning and that he can't wait to see me 4th period." I answered before typing a response back.

"Cute." she smiled taking a quick glance at me then back on the road. "Well 4th period starts in 10 minutes so I'll make sure you get there on time. Wouldn't want to keep your boyfriend waiting."

"He's not my boyfriend." I sighed looking out the window.

"Ok keep telling yourself that." she mumbled pulling into the parking lot.

"He's my friend, okay."

She just looked at me then laughed before getting out of the car. I followed quickly behind her as we walked through the busy halls to class. Since school is almost over classes have been pretty chill so I haven't been worried about anything. Honestly school doesn't even feel like school anymore. Surprisingly, we got to class early.

"Hey," V smiled taking the seat next to me. "You guys are early."

Tomina grinned, "You're happy aren't you? Glad to see Violet, right? Forgot about lil old me." she said leaning back against her seat enjoying this a little too much. "Vi, told be about your romantic view point moment. Relationship goals, honestly."