The New Kids' A Player: Part Seventeen (':

I won’t really say much because I know you all are mad at me. xD I write this chapter for forgiveness? :3

Song: Caught Like A Fly

By: Falling In Reverse
-------

~Heather~

“Hello Heather.” Zack said, an evil grin spreading across his perfect lips.

Matt smirked. “Oh, so you do know Zack?” his smirk grew wider before slamming has hand against the door above my head. I saw Zack’s jaw tighten when I flinched. “May we come in?” Matt said in a seemingly sweet voice. But I knew better. I pressed my back against the door, letting them walk in, not wanting to make physical contact with this monster. I’m hardly scared of anything. But Matt…he terrifies the ever living shit out of me.

Blake started talking in a low tone. “Matt, I’m sorry. I couldn’t--” I heard a loud smacking noise followed by an even louder thump. Holy shit…he knocked Blake out.

“Heather!” Matt scream my name in a cheerfully harsh voice that I hadn’t heard in a very, very long time. “Get in here! Now!”

I swallowed the lump in my throat and put on my poker face. No why in hell I’ll let him see how scared I am. I slowly walked toward the living room to face him. Matt was sitting on my couch, across from Zack, relaxing, Blake at his feet with his eyes closed. It was literally the most horrifying site I’d ever seen in my life. I kneed down next to Blake, rubbing the red mark on his cheek. Jeez, how hard did he hit him? “Blake?” I said in a small voice. Yes, I am aware that I‘m supposed to hate him. But in the past few weeks, I actually started to like him a little. I mean, as a human at least. “Blake?” I said again.

His eye lids fluttered at my voice but didn’t open.

“How touching.” Zack said from behind me, a smirk in his voice. Where the hell did this slick voice come from? That isn’t Zack’s voice. This is the voice of a player. “You look like you actually care.”

“I do.” I said, my voice cracking.

Matt laughed. “And that’s where you messed up, Heather.” he said, leaning forward to stare me in the eyes. “You’re player, but you still care. I broke you, didn’t I?” he laughed harder as my lips started to quiver and tears started to drip down my cheeks. “Let me tell you my plan. You know, just so you can get the full heartbreaking experience.”

He winked, stood up and began to walk back and fourth in front of me. “I hired that pitiful thing in your arms to break your heart. He’s a great at what he does, but so damn fickle.” he shook his head. “And I knew he’d fall for you in the end. It was bound to happen.” he stopped and stared at me while I lightly kissed Blake’s cheek. “Anyway. I’d just dropped Blake off when I ran into Zack. He was so angry at you for dating his brother that he wanted to get back at you. And it was perfect.” he smirked at me. “You’d be so busy trying to break Blake’s heart, that you wouldn’t realize that Zack was doing the same to you. Isn‘t that right, Zack?”

I looked to Zack, who was staring back at me. “Of course.” He smirked. But this wasn’t the evil smirk. This was a Zack smile. The one that would make your heart stop.

Matt smiled. “Check Mate. Game over, Heather. I win.” And that was my cue.

The tears filling my eyes, spilling over the rim. I laid my face into my hands, tears streaming down my face. I heard Matt laugh again. He though he’d won. “You…fucking…bastard.” I said, my teary sobs turning into a bitter chuckle. “You think you’ve won, don’t you? You think you fucking won?” my smile grew wider as his started to fade. “Game over? Nah, baby. It’s over time. You explained your plan, now it’s my turn.” I stood up, leaning Blake’s body on the side of the couch.

Zack winked at me, a smile forming on his lips.

“You see, Matt.” I wiped away the fake tears. “I knew your plan all along. In fact, Zack, your right hand man? Yeah. He was the one who told me.” I stopped and stood right in front of Matt, glaring dangers into his eyes. If looks could kill…oh you know Matt would be dropping dead right about now.     “You’re player, Blake, he fell in love. And Zack? Zack fell--”

“Deeper in love.” Zack said from behind me, the most beautiful smile I’d ever seen in my life spreading across his perfect lips.

I smiled at Zack before turning back to the Devil…I mean, Matt. “You lost, Darling. You lost to the girl who you hurt the most. And I could call you a bitch, a punk, a jerk, an ass hole, and a million other names for what you tried to pull. But honestly?” I smiled. “You’re just like me. After all. I am the one who made you who you are.” I gave his left cheek and light smack. “In your words, Check Mate. Now get the fuck out of my house.”

Matt’s jaw hung open. I’m sure he’s shocked that I completely ruined his plan. But did he really think he could beat me? The best player in this stupid pointless game? No. I could see it in his eyes. He knew from the very beginning that this would not end well for him. Matt nodded, slowly backing toward the door, a distant look in his eyes. “Goodbye, Heather.”

I smiled to myself. I’d finally beaten Matt. I’d finally gotten him back for the pain he caused by leaving.

I can finally let it go.

-----------------
*Next Day*
-----------------

Me, Jess, and Rick were walking out of the school, talking. I smiled at Jessica and Rick who had their fingers intertwined. I’m so glad they got back together. It’s like nothing happen. Everything is perfect. Well, other than Zack. He’d left my house pretty quickly after Matt. Blake woke up an ran out of the door as well. I hadn’t seen either one of them since yesterday.

“Heather,” Jess pointed to Blake who was leaning on the hood of his car. Arms crossed, and a dazed look on his face. Speak of the damn Devil…“We’ll see you at my house.” they smiled at me before walking to Jessica’s jeep.

I took a deep breath and began walking toward Blake. This is gonna be so damn awkward. I mean, he totally confessed his love for me the second before I told him I slept with his best friend. Not to mention he found out that I’d played him as well. This isn’t the first time something like this happened, however, I did feel a little bad about it. He was a player, of course. And he did deserve to have his heart broken. But I still felt a little bad. If it wasn’t for Matt, Blake probably wouldn’t have been a player in the first place. Matt has a lot of damn nerve.

Blake smiled when he saw me walking toward him. “Hey.” he said in cool, clam voice.

“Hey.” I smiled back at him, shoving my hands in my pockets.

He bit his lip ring. “I take it Matt--”

“Told me everything?” I cut him off. He nodded. “Yeah. He did.”

“So you know what my job was?”

“Yup.” I rolled my eyes.

He was silent for a moment. Probably trying to think what to say next. “I’m leaving.”

“I see that.” I nodded toward the bag sitting in the passenger seat of his car. We stared at each other awkwardly. Where the hell did the smooth talking player go? Well, I guess there really isn’t anything left to say.

“I really did mean what I said yesterday.” he said in a whisper, before looking up at me through his long, think lashes. That look, it would make any girl fall in love. This kid was born to be a player. It was written all over his face. “About loving you.”

A smirk broke out across the my face, remember the first time I’d ever seen him. The place he’d almost hit me was only a few feet away from here. That’s where it all started. My smirk turned into a smile as I turned and walked away from Blake. “We’re so over.” I said over my shoulder.

I heard him laugh. “Is that all you have to say?”

“Nope.” my feet kept moving as my smile grew wider, and wider. It nearly cracked my face it half. It’s funny to me. How my plan worked so well. There were flaws, but they were fixed in the end. I’d broken up two of my best friends, but got them back together. Came across some old ex’s, and made some new friends. And I not only took down one player, but I took down two. Forever I’ll wonder what made Matt want to hurt me so bad that he’d actually pay someone to play me. But I guess that’s his problem. But from now on, whenever someone new comes to your school, I want you to wonder if The New Kids’ A Player.

I stopped in the middle of the street, in the exact same spot that Blake nearly hit me with his car over six months ago. I looked over my shoulder at him. A sneaky smile broke out across my face before whispering the words that would defiantly make the story of me and Blake come to an end. “You just lost the game.”

“How, does it feel? Knowing you’re buried alive. Seeing through bloodshot eyes. You’re left empty inside. Where I was, strung out and dragged through the mud. I must agree…You’re just like me.”

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Author’s Note: Uhm, did you really think I was going to let Zack be a real player? LOL. This is the last chapter, but I am writing an Epilogue so stay turned! I really hope you all had as much fun reading this as I had writing it. It’s like my child is going to collage. xD But here is the surprise. There is a squeal. ;D Keep an eye out for the teaser/Prologue! (: 

-Lexi Rain<3