Bald Spots

I wake up to yelling but it's not at me. I hear Chad and Roe fighting in the living room. I don't know what about though. I look at the clock and see that it is 6:21. School starts at 8:oo. I get out of bed and start to get ready. I'm going to need time to cover my bruises. I go to the shower and step in. I wash my hair and body quickly.

I look down and evaluate my bruises. On my stomach I had a giant one. On my shin I had a red knot. I brought my hand up to my cheek. The place where she slapped me hurt really bad. I know that it is a contusion. I quickly get out of the shower and wrap a towel around my battered body. I hurry out of the bathroom to my room.

I get my underwear and bra on. I unwrap the towel and use it to dry my hair. I go to my closet and look for an outfit. I choose my black leggings and a maroon tunic. I throw my hair into a bun. I mess it up a little so it looks better. I move onto make up next. This will take awhile.

I take my concealer and start to cover my bruise. Next I move onto mascara. I decide that I want something extra and I add a small amount of eye liner. Finally I touch it off with some red lip gloss. I'm hoping that the lip gloss will take a bit away from dark circles under my eyes.

Once I see that I am ready I slide on my black converse and grab my key and my backpack. I look at the clock and see that I have 20 extra minutes. I sit in my room and try to think of things to pass the time. When I come up short, I decide to leave and walk slower.

I walk out the door and take the stairs. The morning is humid. When I get to school, I find a tree in the grassy part near the parking lot. I walk up and sit on the ground under the tree. I take out my textbooks and try to figure out what they are talking about in class.

When it still doesn't make sense, I go onto an easier subject. French. I loved French. I learned it when I was littler. The language fascinates me. I start to go over the words they want us to study, which are easy for me. Good day, bonne journée. How are you, comment vas-tu. This must be beginner French.

I go on but I hear the familiar engine on the parking lot. Theo pulls up and parks the bike in the spot up front. He takes off his helmet and hangs it on the handle. He grabs his bag and pulls out his beanie and slips it on. A smile forms on my lips as I think about how he always has it on.

Then I remember him zooming out of the parking lot, after offering me a ride. Ass. I put my books away and jog so I can catch up with him before he gets in the school. Before he can open the door I slide in front of him. "You're an ass, you know that." I pause and wait for an answer. I cock my hip out and put my hands on my hips.

"So I've been told." He says with a smirk. "Now move so I can get in the school." He goes to reach around me for the other door but I step over in front of that one too.

"Please, move. I want to get this day over with." I shake my head and frown. I stand my ground." Okay, what do you want from me, sweetheart?" He asks really annoyed. I cant help but have my heart jump into my throat.

"I want an apology." I state firmly. He chuckles and shakes his head. My frown deepens.

"No. I wont  apologize for something I'm not sorry for." He says and crosses his arm. I huff in annoyance. I look around in the parking lot and see that it is starting to fill up. He goes to open the other door again and I step in front of it. He groans.

"If I buy you lunch today, will you leave me the hell alone?" He asks sort of pissed. I shake my head yes and move aside. "Thank you." He mutters angrily and storms in. I smile to myself. Good. Now he is irked like I was last night.

I walk into school and get lost in the crowd. I head to my locker and keep the books I need and put away the ones I don't. I shut my locker and jump as I see Hailey behind it. "Hailey stop doing stuff like that."