Sweat

"Come on, Paige. Just another block!" Theo called, running beside me. I was panting and felt like my lungs were going to explode.

"Theo...I don't think....that this....will help...me." I said in between my shallow breaths.

"It builds stamina." I slowed down my pace and then stopped all together. My calves were on fire and my chest was burning. I bent down and rested my hands on my knees.

Theo stopped too and stood beside me panting too. "Paige, that was only two blocks."

"I just want to learn defense, Theo. I just want to be able to dodge the punches." Theo's jaw clenched in anger. Fury was filling his eyes.

"You do realize that I fought Chad. I know how strong he is. The few punches he got in could knock you out instantly. I don't want you to defend yourself from Chad, I want you to run from him. Let me fight him for you."

Theo was raging on the inside. He was completely pissed, not at me but at Roe and Chad. "Come on, just another block." He said and then took off running.

I huffed and then jogged up to him. He slowed his pace which I strongly appreciated.

We finally stopped in front of a gym. "I thought we were going to train in Turner's." I said.

"We can run back there, if you want. I thought since we were close to this gym we would just train here."

"Yeah, yeah this is good." I said quickly. I did not want to run all the way to Turner's, that was complete hell. Theo chuckled and entered the gym.

It was  filled with a few people on various machines. Theo lead me to the boxing ring in the far corner of the room. There was a guy standing near the ring texting on his phone. He was ginormous.

"Hey, Theo." The man called once he noticed us in the room. He smelled like smoke and his voice was super raspy.

"Jim." Theo nodded his way. "This is Paige." Theo introduced.

"Well, isn't she pretty." Jim wolf whistled and leaned against the ropes. I blushed and averted my gaze. Jim cracked up laughing. I felt Theo huff and I would almost bet all my money that he was rolling his eyes.

"He's just joking." Theo said.

"Hey, hey. You don't think she's pretty?" Jim said. He was obviously joking around. I giggled a bit and then tried to suppress it by biting my lip.

"You don't think I'm pretty?" I asked Theo I said with a pout. Theo started to stutter.

"I d-didn't mean it l-like that." Theo said.

"Um, you kind of did." Jim joined in.

"How could you say that I wasn't pretty, Theo." I said and looked to the ground. It took everything I had not to smile.

"Yeah, man that's pretty messed up." Jim added.

"Alright! Paige, I think your pretty, beautiful, gorgeous, and completely stunning. Now, Jim go away. I need the ring." Theo said and slipped under the ropes and into the ring.

My cheeks were red from Theo's praise. "It was nice to meet you, Paige." Jim said and then he went over to another machine.

I lifted the ropes and climbed up onto the rubbery surface rolling onto my stomach and laying my head on the cold floor. It felt nice against my still sweaty face. I didn't even care how nasty the ring must be.

Theo grabbed my waist and rolled me over onto my back. "Let's do this." He said but he was still giving me the option to back out. I nodded and grabbed his hand and he pulled me up to my feet.