Tension

I'm starting my spring break right now so I plan on finishing this book over spring break. I PLAN on finishing it. That means it's a maybe. I've got other things to do over break that will take up most of my time.

I plan on two more chapters. This one and then the Epilogue.

I also have exciting news, well sort of exciting. It's exciting to me anyway.

I have decided to create a Tap story between Paige and Theo. It's called Surprise. I have it linked in my bio. 

The other exciting thing is I have made a Spotify playlist for Drowning In Chaos. If you want to listen to their music follow me on my Spotify, KateRosee.

Anyway, on to this Chapter.

***

Shortly after we arrived, Rick decided to leave me with Theo, Hailey, and Hailey's mom.

Inhaling deeply, I smelled the food that Christina had put in the oven right after we got here. It smells delicious.

"What do you have cooking?"

"Baked Brie. It is one of my favorites. It should be done in a few minutes."

"When will dad be home? He needs to meet Paige."

"I think he's working late tonight, honey."

Hailey rolled her eyes and tapped on the granite table top. "He's always working late nowadays."

Christina shrugged and turned back to the oven. I glanced over at Theo to see him looking at me. He saw it too. There is some sort of tension between this family.

"Uh, Mrs. Richmond, can Theo and I see my room?"

"Oh, yes. Grayson, will you show Paige to her room?"

"Yes, ma'am." Grayson then nodded to me. I stood and grabbed Theo's hand bringing him to my new room too.

Walking down a corridor, he stopped in front of what I assumed was my room. He opened the door allowing Theo and I to enter.

The room was so pretty. Better than anything I've had in awhile. The lilac colored walls matched the bed spread and the wardrobe. The room looked like a grape threw up all over the place and I loved it.

I saw that Grayson had already placed my bags on my bed. Walking over I started to unpack my stuff. "You felt that too, right?"

"You mean the crackling tension? Yeah, I did. I think the whole neighborhood could feel it."

"What do you think is the problem?"

"I have no clue. Maybe you should move back in with me. It's not too late." He persuaded.

"I'm not moving back in with you." I said with a laugh. He wrapped his arms around my waist as I picked the clothes up out of the suitcase.

"But isn't it better with me?" He asked placing a kiss on my neck.

"The only thing I've had to compare to living with you is living with Roe and anything is better than that."

"Yes, but at my house its so much better." He said kissing my neck again. This time he ran his hands up and down my sides.

Setting the clothes down I leaned back into his hold. Moving my head so he had better access to my neck. He nipped my ear before twisting me around to face him.

"You are not going to seduce me into moving back in with you. You already tried that and it didn't work, did it?"

He pushed me down on the bed and straddled my hips. Leaning down his lips grazed mine. "I'm trying to persuade you anymore."

He kissed down my jaw and latched onto my neck. "Uh, that's umm...good." I wrapped my hands around his neck, my hands pulling at his hair.

Abruptly Theo stood up leaving me a panting mess. "W-what are you doing?"

Before he could answer the door flew open to reveal Hailey. Her face was void of emotion. She didn't look sad or happy. She just looked normal.

"Hey." I said as I sat up and flattened my hair down. "Is something wrong?"

"No, not at all. I just came to see if you needed help unpacking and settling in but I see you are doing just fine." She said with a smirk and looked at Theo.

"Uh, we weren't doing anyth-,"

"That hickey on your neck says otherwise." She said and laughed at my crimson cheeks.

"Anyway we are going out for dinner so get ready. And make sure to cover that." She said and pointed to the hickey. I raised my hand and covered my neck as she left.

I glared at Theo who just scratched the back of his neck. "Sorry."

"Oh, I'll show you sorry!" I said and leaped from the bed. I pinned Theo to the ground beneath me.

"What are you gonna do now that you have me?" He asked with a hint of amusement in his eyes. I slapped his chest.

"Is that it?"

"What do you want me to do?"

"I don't think you want me to answer that." He said and gripped my hips. He sat up and captured my lips. Slowly I started to move my hips, grinding over him. His grip tightened and he started to grind my hips on himself faster.

When I heard his first groan, I stood to my feet. "No." He whined.

"Sorry, I have to get dressed for dinner." I offered him my hand. He pulled me down and back onto his lap and pecked my lips quickly.

"I love you."

"I love you, too." He pecked my lips once more and then stood, lifting me up with him.

"If you ever want to move back in-,"

"I know, I know, I can move back in with you. I got it, babe. Now go." I said and pushed him out the door.

God, I love him so much.

I watched out the window as he called a number and waited. Exactly 30 seconds later, Dallas's car pulled up and Theo got in.

What the hell is Dallas doing around Hailey's house. Maybe he lives around here.

Covering my hickey and slipping on a nicer shirt I was ready to leave. When I was about to open the door it flew open.

"Are you ready?"

"Of course." I followed Hailey out of my room and into the main room. Mark and Christine were talking in hushed tones before they saw us.

"Hey guys, ready to go." Mark asked.

"Yes, sir." Hailey answered.