Bora Bora!

I have a three day weekend, so I thought I would write a chapter to celebrate.

With tons of love

-xC76x

Theo walked into the house and a wave of relief washed over me but it was soon followed with a rush of nausea. I don't want to get Theo in trouble.

I hope Mrs. Tate doesn't remember me from the hospital. That could bring on a whole new set of questions that I don't want to answer.

I was sitting on the couch playing with the hem of my t-shirt. God, I'm so anxious to see what she says. I cant and wont go back to the apartment. Chad could come back at anytime. He could even finish what Theo stopped that one night.

Mrs. Tate's voice brought me back to reality. "Why wasn't I told that Paige was here. Theo, I go away for a few days to see your grandparents and you invite someone to stay here." She rambles on. You know I hate when you keep things from me.

"I know Ma. I'm sorry. It's just that.. she needed a place to stay for a few days. She's my friend, I couldn't say no." The word friend hurts my heart. I know we haven't established anything, but we admitted our feeling for each other.

"Why does she need a place to stay?" Mrs. Tate says looking at me. I quickly try to find a logical reason as to why I'm staying in her house.

"My aunt, Roe, is in the hospital. She's in a coma. Roe is the one who has been watching over me after what happened to my parents." I said. I wasn't lying. I was telling the complete truth.

Mrs. Tate's features immediately softened. "Oh. If you don't mind me asking, what happened to your parents?" I saw Theo stiffen from across the room.

"Ma." Theo scolded. "Paige, you don't hav-," I cut him off by shaking my head.

"They died in a fire. They've been gone for about 6 years." I said looking at my feet and concentrating on not crying my eyes out. Memories are hard to look back at. Some are the good kind that you cant help but smile at, but some are the kind you cant help but cry when you remember them.

"Oh dear." Mrs. Tate crooned. She rushed over and pulled me into a bone crushing hug. I'm glad the bruises and injuries are gone. The hug would have probably put me in the hospital again.

"You can stay here until your aunt gets out of the hospital." She promised. I smiled into her shoulder. I haven't been shown this kind of affection in a long, long time. It felt good to be hugged and not have a shooting pain in your stomach.

"Thank you Mrs. Tate." I said warmly when she pulled back.

"Dear, call me Gina."

"Okay, thank you, Gina." I said with a giggle.

"Alright, darlings. I have to make a run to work and then I have to pick up William. I'm guessing William is Theo's step father. I'll be back in a few hours. Be safe." She said sternly to Theo. I felt like it has a double meaning.

She honked the horn as she pulled out of the garage. I smiled thinking of how sweet she really is. I haven't felt motherly love for a while.

"I really like your mom." I say turning to meet Theo. He smiled at me and plopped down on the couch.

"Well, she seems to like you too. Maybe better than me." He joked. I scooted closer to him and laid my head on his shoulder.

"When are  you going to teach me to fight?" I asked. I felt him still beside me. He really didn't want to teach  me to fight.