Half Naked Surprises

I woke up the next morning with a major headache. I had a full thirty minutes to get my ass ready. Great. I got up and got my outfit on. My light skinny jeans and dark blue tank top. I threw my white cardigan over it and paired it with my black combat boots. I braided my hair to the side and moved onto makeup.

I made sure to cover all the bruises and added my mascara. I bit my lips hard to add some color. I made it out the door with 3 minutes to spare. Roe had left or she was still in her bed. I was so happy she was going to be leaving for awhile.

I could actually go out with Hailey and Sydney this weekend. I hope Roe would be gone longer than a few days. Hopefully a week or two. This is going to great. I keep walking hoping to make it before the first bell. I keep my head down and bump into someone.

"Sorry." I mutter and look to see who I bumped into. Theo. Great. My face falls. I really don't want to talk to him at the moments. I was hoping to avoid him today. "Oh. Theo. What do you want?" I say rather harshly. He pulls something out of his bag and hands it to me.

"You left this in Dallas's car." I wanted to make sure that you took. I took the bag that held my meds out of Theo's hand. I pulled the bottle out of the bag and read the label.

One twice a day. take on an empty stomach. No problem on that part. I open the cap and take out a little white pill.

"Do you have any water?" I asked Theo. He shuffles through his bag and hands me a almost empty bottle of Coke. I roll my eyes and take it from him. I put the pill in my mouth and put the bottle to my lips and swallow the pill and Coke.

I hand Theo the now empty bottle and keep walking. I put the pill bottle in my bag and mentally scold myself for not remembering to get it from him. I hear his footsteps trying to catch up to me. I really don't want to talk to him. I really, really don't want to talk to him. He catches up and grabs my arm with the scrape on it. I wince and he lets go.

"Oh..Sorry. I-I didn't mean t-to touch your arm." He stutters out. I nod at him and pick up my pace. He kept right up to speed with me easily. I huff in annoyance." Look, Paige...," He trails off once he sees that I don't want to talk to him.

"Paige, please just listen. I just wanted to help you." I stopped walking and so did he. I turn and look at him. I shake my head.

"I don't want your help. Now leave me alone!" I shout at him a little too loudly. I walk ahead and see that I was close to the school. Thank God. I quickly walk in to the school and get to my locker. I get my books out and when I turn, Cole is standing right behind me. I jump and drop my books out of fright.

"What is it with people scaring me." I snap and collect my books the I  walk around him. I hear him call out for me but I keep walking. I don't mind talking to Cole. He was nice yesterday. So was Theo and Dallas, but I'd rather talk to Cole.

He catches up to me and I mentally curse myself for my slowness. "Paige, I just wanted to say sorry about yesterday. I also wanted to know if you are okay?" I inwardly smile and nod.

"Yeah, yeah. I'm fine." I say quietly and bite my lip. We stand there and look at one another for a minute until someone snaps me from our staring fest.

"Paige!" I turn and see Hailey at the other end of the hallway. I look away embarrassed and walk towards her. She started to walk towards me faster. She stopped at an arm length away. "Are you okay? I'm so sorry about yesterday. I didn't know that I could hug that hard." She frowns and really fast replaces it with a smile.

"Tonight we get to go shopping. Aren't you excited?" She asks and I shake my head yes. Her smile grows wider. "I will pick you up at 4:30 sharp." She tells me and turns and walks to her class. I laugh and walk to Econ.