Last Names

"Look, Paige. We just want to help you." Theo states. I shake my head and stand. I go to turn around and walk out, but I bump my stomach on one of the tables on my way out. I bumped against the table hard. I grab my stomach and groan.

Pain shoots up my stomach as tears prick the back of my eyes. Dallas comes over and grabs my arm, helping me to stand. I wince when he touches the cut on my arm. He lets go grabs my upper arm to steady me. I stand straighter but the pain grows more unbearable. I crouch again.

"Let me see your stomach." Theo demands. He moves over to me to lift my shirt and I move away. I shake my head no. "Paige, please. Let me see your stomach." When I stand straight the pain is still there but it doesn't hurt as bad as before. I ignore it and run around Dallas and Cole.

When I get to the hallways I look at the clock. 5 minutes until lunch ends. I go to my locker and get my things for my next class. I go and sit in my assigned seat and wait for Hailey. She walks into class really happy, but when she sees my glum expression her smile fades and she rushes to see what's wrong.

"Paige, what did they say to you? Are you alright? God, I was so worried." By now a few more kids come into the class. Hailey pulls me into a tight hug around my waist. I gasp at the pain that has come back to my stomach.

I feel really nauseas. My head starts to spin and I rip away from Hailey's grip and race to the trash can. Theo walks in as soon as I empty my stomach into the trash. I forgot he was in our class. He and I both share a look as I see the blood in the bottom of the trash can.

Theo grabs my arm and drags me out of the class room. On my way out I see Hailey with a horrified expression on her face. Theo walks me to the detention room and sits me down. He grabs a bucket and gives it to me.

"You need to go to a doctor and I will take you. I just want Dallas and Cole to know what's going on and so they can cover for us." I nod and throw up more in the bucket. I wipe my mouth and see blood on the back of my hand. I shudder.

Theo texts the two and grabs my hand. I see that we aren't walking towards the exit but towards the boys bathroom." Wait here." Theo says and disappears into the bathroom. He reappears with Dallas right behind him. Theo takes his keys out of his pocket and tosses them to Dallas and Dallas does the same.

"Please don't throw up in my car." Dallas pleads and walks back to his class. I look at Theo confused.

"I didn't want you to ride on my motorcycle like that and I didn't want to get blood all over it. So we are taking Dallas's car." Theo says and starts towards the exit. I follow close behind. We reach an amazingly expensive car. I gape at the vehicle parked in front of us.

Theo unlocks the doors and gets in. I get in the passenger seat and wait for Theo to start up the car.

The car ride there was quicker than I expected. Theo kept an arm around me as we walked into the hospital. We walked to a nurse who was working on her computer. "Hi, Carrie. Is my mom busy?" Theo asks the nurse at the desk.

"I think she just went on break. Check the nurses lounge, you might be able to catch her." Theo nodded and took me through the hospital. He definitely knew where he was going. Finally we reached a door that said private room. Theo opened the door and ushered us in.

In the room stood a woman in her late 30's.She smiled as she saw Theo. She resembled Theo. Of course she would, she's his mother. "Hi, Ma. Can you take a look at Paige? Please, Ma." Mrs. Tate frowned.

"Honey, I was just about to go on break. I can get her when I come back or you can take her to a different nurse." Mrs. Tate said to her son. I felt the feeling in my throat. I held the bucket up to my face and threw up more blood.