What a Chase

Since I was the only war prisoner, I rode all the way to the palace in the back of a wagon by myself. The soldiers remembered that I was the one who saved them all with my half cocked scheme, so a few of them made sure to sneak me food, a blanket and pillow without Shi Fu finding out.

We have been traveling for 3 days straight, and if I didn't have Mushu and Cric-Kee, I would drowned in my own despair. 

"Mulan, I have a confession to make." Mushu said sadly. I turned to him siting on the floor with Cric-kee held in his hand. Its amazing that cricket is still alive through all of this war and bloodshed. He must really be one lucky cricket. "Im....not really your guardian. Im a fake." He sniffed. "Your ancestors don't even like me."

I smiled a little. "Thats okay, you werent much of a guardian anyway." He threw me an angry look but I laughed it off. "But you have always been a good friend to me. Look at it this way, you've kept me alive this long."

"Yeah." He sniffed again and wiped his face. "But I cant protect you from whatever is coming." He said sadly.

I frowned looking away from him. "I don't deserve to be protected." I said bitterly. "I deceived  everyone I care about. My family, my friends, Shang.... and Tadashi is dead." I felt a familiar depression take root in my heart. "And I never got to avenge his death."

"Are you kidding?" Mushu grabbed my hand. "You avenged everyone who ever died at Shaun Yu's hand. You saved China! You wiped out an entire army in a single blow. The fact that your beheading is still an option is beyond me."

"Because I'm still a disobedient woman. I was out of my place." I silently thought over my time in the army. "I came here to save my father, but also to prove to myself that I'm actually worth something. Something more than just being some man's pretty wife....but I was wrong." I murmured. "I always mess something up and this is no different."

Mushu made a sound in the back of his throat. "You are worth so much more than you think. Shang knows you are, thats why he spared your life."

"No, he spared me cause I saved him. He was repaying his debt."

Mushu threw me a look. "You know it was more than that." He warned.

I rolled my eyes. "Shut up dragon." He got quiet and just I looked at me.

"You changed me for the better. And if anything happens, I will never forget the girl who saved China."

What he said touched my heart and I hugged  him around his neck. "I love you Mushu!"

"Don't go getting mushy on me." I punched him lightly and he laughed. "Okay, guess I love you too."

Suddenly, the tarp to the back of the wagon was lifted up. Shi fu stood at the end peering in at me. "What are you doing?"

I let go of Mushu's neck quickly and answered him with silence. He mumbled "crazy."  to himself.
"Have you soiled yourself yet?"

I pushed my eyebrows together. "No."

"Well At least your toilet trained." He said. I just stared  at him, surprised at how dumb someone could be. "Well..." He moved out of the way. "Are you coming?"

I didn't really need to go, but I wanted to get out and stretch my legs.

I jumped out of the wagon, without his help and he grabbed my arm once I made it to the ground. He escorted me to an area with trees and then let go of my arm.