Wade in the Water

My back was killing me after bending over to pick up spilled rice and and running around with 2 pails of water. Not to mention my arms and legs felt like noodles. But finally, it was night time and I made my way down to the lake to take a bath. Finally, I can get clean! But man I wish the water was hot. A bath would be heaven right now. I felt a slight pain in my stomach and my eyes widened in fear. Oh no... Is it starting already? But I had my period a few weeks ago-

"Oh God! Please shhhhh! I can still hear you!"

Mushu, get out of my head! We are alone now! You can talk out loud.

"Aww but I like reading your mind. Its entertaining." He smirked, showing me his sharp teeth. "You know, your actually really mean when you want to be. And what you said about that guy's abs back there wasn't very ladylike Mulan."

You little....just stop listening to my thoughts! You perv!

"Perv? Your one to talk." He laughed as I facepalmed myself.

"Look all I said was he was his muscles were nice but his face not so much. Nothing dirty about that."

"You cant fool me missy. I know the female mind inside and out. I know what you REALLY meant."

"Sure you do." We finally made it to the river and I started taking my hair down and pulling off my shoes, but I noticed Mushu was still standing there. "Um, so are you just gonna sit here while I take a bath?"

"Of course, I'm your guardian after all."

"Well...are you going to watch me take a bath," I asked crossing my arms around my chest, giving him a flat look.

"Of course." He smirked. "I am your guardian after all." My jaw hung low and I punched him in his throat. He fell to the ground as he coughed and banged his chest with his fist as he tried to catch his breath. "Im...just...kidding" he wheezed out. He got on all fours and turned around. "See...im not looking...anymore." He collapsed on the ground.

"Better not." Feeling safe, I stripped down entirely and walked out into the cool water. I let out a sigh and ran my fingers through my greasy hair.  I immersed completely in the water and stayed down for as long as I could. While I was under the water, I could see the bruises left behind from all the chaos from today. Well, at least they will help me look a little less feminine   When I rose back up to the surface I heard Mushu singing his heart out.

"Im gonna lay down my sword and shield
Down by the Riverside
Down by the Riversi-"

"Mushu.." I warned. He huffed out a breath and I went back to scrubbing myself clean.

"Wade, In the water
Wade, In the water
Children wade, in the water
God's gonna trouble the wa-"

"MUSHU PLEASE!" I screamed and I saw the back of his head wince.

"Well what do you expect me to do? Im BORED!"

"Well keep an eye out for the rest of the guys."

"Ohh you mean like a spy? I can do that." He quickly stood up to his feet and then plopped down on a rock. "We need a secret code for when they're  coming."

"Sure." I said nonchalantly. "How about, hot potato?"

"Really?" He asked

"Yeah." I sang

"Are you sure?"

"Uh huh."