What Kind of Name is Ping?

"NEXT!" Called the man sitting at the registration table. Looks like thats me...

"Name." He drawled.

"Uh~" Oh no..I didn't even think of what my name would be. And plus that voice was'nt going to fool anyone.

Lets see, Long? No...Li?...no...I could always take my father's name, but that might be too suspicious... The guy looked up at me, telling me he was loosing his patients. 

I cleared my throat. "Uh....Ping." Ping? Good going Mulan, that name sucked! But on the bright side, that deep voice was much more convincing.

The man shot me an annoyed look. "Ping...what?" He growled.

Well geez. Don't blame me if you don't like your own job.

"Excuse me!" He screamed. Oh shoot, did I say that out loud?

"Fa...my name is Fa Ping."

He continued to stare me down. "Any relation to Fa Zhou?"

"Thats my Pop." I smiled slightly. He returned my friendly gesture with a scowl.

"Your dad was a great warrior...you must be whats left." He handed me a ticket. "Your in tent 133, with Yao, Poe, and Li. Now get out of my line! You smell like fruit cakes and panty liners."

I wrinkled my nose at him. But started walking in the direction he pointed me in.

I just wanna go home. I miss Ma ma and Pa pa and Grandma Ma.  I squeezed my hands into a fist. But thats why I'm here, to protect them. To protect Pa pa.

No matter how hard I tried to convince myself, I felt hot tears rising to my eyes. Quickly I detoured to the surrounding forest so I could cry in peace, cause I knew these tears  were coming one way or another.

I ran deeper into the woods until finally, I let myself sob. The tears flowed down my face freely as I wrapped my arms around my knees. I began breathing deeply through my nose and exhaling through my mouth. "Just relax Mulan, get ahold of yourself now."

"Yeah Mulan, try to chill out before you get yourself killed." My heart froze in my chest as I heard a voice coming from behind me. I whipped my head around to see who it was, but no one was there.

"Or should I say, Ping." The voice said as it busted out into laughter. I looked all around me to find the source of this mysterious voice, but it was no where to be found. "What kind of name is that anyways. Actually its kinda funny, Ping was the name of my best friend growing up."

"Who are you?" I screeched, becoming scared  and slightly annoyed.

"Who am I? Who am I? I, AM YOUR NOBEL GUARDIAN! SENT HERE, BY YOUR FAMIL'S ANCESTORS, TO LEAD AND GUIDE YOU ON YOUR DANGEROUS MISSION TO RESTORE YOUR FAMILIES HONOR!" 

I gasped loudly and flipped my self over, so that my bottom was now in the air. I pressed my forehead all the way down in the dirt as a sign of respect. "I AM THE HONORABLE,
PLEASURABLE-" I heard footsteps walking towards me, so I lifted my head to see who the great spirits have sent to aid me on my mission.... I was highly disappointed.

"The indestructible Mushu." Before me stood a almost adorable looking, snake like creature with red and yellow scales that covered its body. Its tiny legs were spread apart and its arms were raised high above his head and it gave me a mischievous smirk. "Not bad huh?" He asked smugly.

"Your the- but your-" I picked the creature up and raised him to my face to see him better. "Your a lizard?"

"Hey hey hey, dragon, D-rra-ggoon. Not lizard, I don't do that tongue thing." He flicked his long tongue through his teeth to prove his point.