A Life for a Life

I woke up in one of the infirmary tents. My head was pounding and my eyes took a moment to readjust. I looked around the tent and saw Mushu sticking his head outside.

"Mushu?" I asked.

He turned his head toward me and transformed into his dragon form. "This is not good." He said as he scrambled over to me.

"What?" I asked just before Shang bursted through the tent flaps.

My upper half was sitting up outside of the blankets, and he looked me over with wide eyes. "So it is true."

(Shang's P.O.V. 10 min ago)

"What is it your saying, exactly." Usually, I hated these tedious meetings, but this one was down right agitating. These retired Generals did nothing but sit in their high chairs and judged everything they see.

"Captain. It just seems too...convenient. And we have had the problems with spies before."

"Yes but Ping is not a spy!" My anger got the best of me and I stood up from my seat. Shi Fu sent me a warning look that said respect your elders. But I continued to stand. They were way out of line calling one of my most trusted men a spy for the likes of Shaun Yu.

"We know that you care for him." Said General Fui. He was my father's best friend and his opinion was the only one I actually cared about.

"He saved my life! And, if your forgetting, took Shaun Yu's. If he was really a spy he would have killed all of us instead."

"He must have realized that he was on the wrong side of the war. Nothing else explains how Shaun Yu knew Ping by name."

"Plus," added another general. "I knew Fa Zhou on a personal level. And he doesn't have a son."

"Oh come on!" I put my hand in the air. "There are plenty of other men named Fa Zhou in China. "

"General." One of the doctors came to the entrance. He bowed once he realized he interrupted something. "Its Ping." He said.

I knew that was my cue and I immediately took my leave with a low bow.

"Shang." General Fui said before I could stride out of the tent. "We will continue this later."

"Yes sir." I said hurriedly.

Once we were outside the infirmary tent, I turned to the doctor. "Is he okay? How severe was the wound?"

"Well...the patient is doing much better. The wound required a few stitches and a lot of blood was lost..."

"But." I said impatiently. "He's okay isn't he?"

"Yes, the patient will survive. With a healthy diet, the patients blood should replenish within a day's time.

"Why do you keep saying 'the patient'? Just because he is not a General doesn't make him any less a man than I am."

"Well... It does-"

"Excuse me ?" I said cutting him off and stepping closer.

He lifted his hands in defense. "-please let me explain." I stepped back a little and he cleared his throat. "Im...trying to find the best way to tell you this."