Wake Up Call

I paced back and forth in my tent. All I could remember was what Shang told me today.

"I pray she does, cause the ancestors know how much I need a good night's rest."

I took a look at Mushu's sleeping form. His mouth was wide open, he was softly snoring, and his legs were  sprawled out underneath his covers. Cric-Kee slept on top of his stomach that rose and fell at a steady rhythm.

I let out a soft moan. He looked so peaceful. What I wouldn't  give to actually go to sleep for once. All this training left my body aching and deprived of many hours of rest. Not that I could have slept tonight anyway, not after the Captain's confession.

He prays for me to comfort him again. I thought happily to myself. Granted he didn't know it was me, but still he wanted me never the less. 

He thinks I'm a spirit...he would never get suspicious....maybe if I just-

NO! What am I saying? I couldn't do what I was thinking about doing. Thats suicide! If Shang didn't do it first, Tadashi would kill me!

But I know I won't be able to sleep knowing he's suffering like this.

But its dangerous!

It's necessary!

But...I....GOSH I hate when I'm right.

I went through my bag and took out a mirror. I took out my hair from its ponytail and it cascaded down to my shoulders into beautiful curls. I put on scented oil on my neck and wrists. Then I put on my prettiest night robe that was all white and sparkly and showed off my shoulders.

Where did I get scented oil and a sparkly robe from in the middle of the a war camp? Not sure.

Why was my hair all of a sudden perfectly curly? No clue. But I won't question it because I need all the help I can get.

When I believed I looked as good as I was going to get, I tiptoed quietly out of my tent.

Somehow, luck was on my side and absolutely no one came outside their tents. And somehow, I knew in my gut where to look for Shang's tent. I went down many turns and corners and ally's until my feet finally stopped in front of a lavish, red tent with gold embroidery. I pulled back the flap of fabric that acted as the door.

There he was, arms sprawled on either side of his bed mat. I watched him toss and turn for a while before slowly walking in. His silk sheets and feather stuffed pillows were tossed all over. It was a struggle trying to maneuver around the dark tent without tripping.

I finally reached his bed side and quietly looked him over. A thin layer of sweat coated his forehead. His eyes were shut tight and his mouth was pulled in a straight line. His hair was matted and thrown all over the place. Its hard to imagine someone who is so well put together could have such sleepless nights.

I kneeled down and gently shook his shoulder. Nothing happened the first time, so I did it again. That time, Shang popped up from his bed and grabbed me by my wrist. He had a startled look on his face, he must have thought I came here to attack him.

"Please, I mean you no harm." I pleaded.

He looked me over and his grip on my wrist loosened. "Your that woman I envisioned." When I nodded, he pulled me closer to the bed. "Please gentle spirit, help me fall asleep again." he begged.